ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kumho tires

Renaultsport Mégane R26

Hi there everyone,

Just wondering what the general consensus is on Kumho tires? Good quality? Good performance? Cheap or not?

Thanks all,

David

depends what model you go for, the cheap ones are just cheap tyres (crap) but iv been a passenger round a track with the expensive ones and they were surprisingly good!

Not the best performance road tyre available but I have used Kumho Escta 711 on track and they were good for budget tyres, better than many performance tyres because they wore well, had good grip and didnt overheat in the dry like many can. Not good in the wet though. I dont think this tyre is made anymore though.

clio sport mk1 golf

ive had some and they was nice and round. Ive got toyo proxes now. But they were nice tyres couldnt fault them. Pirrelli p6000s are a nice trye too very smooth.

Megane225FF

I had kumho ecsta on the front, then changed them to uniroyal rainsport after 2 months - well just say they werent good in the wet - lots of slipping and sliding.. good in the dry though..

Willy, Willy 2, V6

Quote: Originally posted by Nath on 29 March 2005
ive had some and they was nice and round. Ive got toyo proxes now. But they were nice tyres couldnt fault them. Pirrelli p6000s are a nice trye too very smooth.

You gotta be bloody joking! p6000s are the worst things ever... Those things are lethal, tramline like buggery! They just seem to be very popular with fitment centres like quick-fit etc, so a lot of cars have them fitted.

As for the Kuhmos ive tried these on my old RT, load of crap aswell, guess they are ok for a budget tyre though.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. If you want to skimp on one of the most important parts of a cars safety then you have it coming to ya is all I can say. Always buy the best you can with tyres.

They are terrible all round tyres, they have good lateral grip in the dry, but that is it. They tramline, scrub out SOOOOOO early in greasy conditions and whats worse is that theyre unpredictable when they do go.

My advice is: If you think your Kumhos are doing a good job, get some bridgestone S03 PPs or Toyo T 1 Rs on. Your perceptions of all weather performance will change completely! Suddenly traction in 1st gear is actually viable!

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by civic_legend on 30 March 2005

They are terrible all round tyres, they have good lateral grip in the dry, but that is it. They tramline, scrub out SOOOOOO early in greasy conditions and whats worse is that theyre unpredictable when they do go.

My advice is: If you think your Kumhos are doing a good job, get some bridgestone S03 PPs or Toyo T 1 Rs on. Your perceptions of all weather performance will change completely! Suddenly traction in 1st gear is actually viable!

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH... BRIDGESTONE ARE CRAP!!

I got kumho ecsta supra zr rated on me v6 and they are very good wet/dry...

Renaultsport Mégane R26

Well not sure on the model of Kuhmo that I could be receiving, but I question them as I have an option of 4 x mk 2 172 wheels with brand new kuhmos for £300...

Quite hard to tell what they are like though as opinions seem to be either good or bad! some of you hate them and some of you rate them highly!? :confused:

the ones that hate them obviously bought the cheap ones...

ZZip

if your going for remoulds, try Colway, a lot of the smaller rally guys use them

clio v6

forget remoulds...... the rally colways are good... but they are totally different to the road tyres....

a few quid extra can get you a good budget tyre...