ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lack of Colour in Photos/White

Recently went to Vegas, took the 500d with me, took plenty of shots on the strip/Grand Canyon. They all looked decent on the LCD on the camera.

But when I put them on my computer, the colours seems quite wishy-washy, especially the shots at the Canyon where there is a VERY faint white edge to the images, as though they are over exposed?

I think I used the right settings, I even used AUTO for a lot of the shots just for the pure ease of it. But they still came out pretty pish. My old man took my old compact digital camera and his shots turned out better than a lot of mine!

Any ideas or just my sh*t photography skills?

PS No photos available atm as at work..

I think you went wrong at AUTO ;) some examples might help, dodgy edges could be chromatic aberrations (CA), vignetting or blown highlights but don't know without seeing.

Assume these are jpeg shots? You'll find the settings are probably set to neutral for in camera processing, your dads p&s will be far more aggressive with sharpening, contrast, saturation etc. for instant pop.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Canon actually charge you £1 every time you use AUTO mode after the first week. It's more if you're abroad too IIRC.

Go back and try again ;)

Also, post some examples and we'll be able to point and laugh at your mistakes much easier than guessing what went wrong.

:D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SILENCE ! Both of you.

Claire, yours is only capable of taking pictures of food, and Trev, you drive a blue Clio. Need I say more ?

:rasp:

"Navy" N17 TWO
You've painted the Clio Green? :slap:

Or is that that wonky camera you have, not have it's WB set right?

Sorry didn't get a photo up last night - Sky Broadband ftl!

Will get some up tonight.

And Tigger - I know deep down you love the Canon ;)