ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lack of power

I havnt had te 172 for long but since owning it I have given it a full service including plugs, it's seems to run fun until you boot it then it doesn't seem very fast at all, doesn't really pick up much until you get through the revs in 3rd but it still doesn't seem fast, even tried keeping up with a old civic type r but I had no chance, my car has got 4 branch exhaust manifold, decat and full s/s system, induction kit, and ment to be remapped, race clutch, light weight 16s, the only thing I can think if being at fault is the intake manifold gasket was abit old and the bolts didn't seem to tighten up well when fitting the plugs so it could be leaking, has anyone had any problems with this before ? Thanks

Clio 172
Normally mate if the inlet lets in air then it idles poorly , but it could be a lot of things , especially if it's been modded

The ep3 has got induction kit and exhaust, there was a massive difference in performance, you can feel the kick in on the 172 but it's just really slow