ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lacquer problem

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Right so last time when I was spraying my door sill for repair I had a problem with lacquer, it went all white without warning. It was normal temperature, not humid, not damp, and I did very light coat to start off with and it just went white straight away,

Now I've just had the same problem with spraying my boot button, I just spray literally the lightest dust coat and boom it's gone white, the surface was dry before spraying, it was clean, no wipes or anything used, not damp! And these are the results.
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the lacquer I'm using.
image.jpg

I've never had problems with lacquer before, I got on better with the cheaper stuff actually! Can anyone help? It's doing my head in.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is reacting with the paint. The industry would call it frying up.

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
These cans sometimes have a hardener you need to release under the can first then shake.

Again, looks like you've applied to much. Solvent isn't escaping and is being trapped. You would be better off warming the item up and the can to a decent temp first. Helps draw out the solvent.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
These cans sometimes have a hardener you need to release under the can first then shake.

Again, looks like you've applied to much. Solvent isn't escaping and is being trapped. You would be better off warming the item up and the can to a decent temp first. Helps draw out the solvent.

I think that's only the 2k in a can lacquer that has the hardener that needs releasing. Again, I did a very very light dust coat for the first coat for adhesion, then did no more because it went white. The button that I sprayed was warmed slightly by a hairdryer! And the can had been warmed up before spraying. Again I think it's moisture as I was spraying in the evening after it had rained, cheers for your advice though! Going to try spraying on a dryer day