ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda Sensor

Yozz'd up 182
My emissions light came on a few weeks ago just before a service, had the garage look at it and they told me it was the precat lambda sensor.

He gave it a clean and put a block or something on it but said if it comes on again il have to get a new sensor.

Guess what? It came back...

So i wanted to know if you can change it yourself and if the light will go off itself and where to get the cheapest sensor. Its for a 04 1.4 16v.

thanks

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Yes you can change them yourself, its just a simple procedure off unscrewing the old and bolt the new one in, if it is the pre-cat lambda by putting a new one in place the light should go off,

try. www.eurocarparts.com just type in your reg and it will bring a list of parts up :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Yeah easy fix, might need a lambda socket if its fiddly.. you can get plug and play ones or universal 4 wire ones that you splice into you're old plug for about £17