ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda Sensor

Black 182 FF
Just done mine this morning, a bit fiddly but only took about half an hour which included jacking up the car and rechecking on here to see how the lambda clips in.

The front one will if its faulty.
The rear one won't. That only measures emissions.

Edit: Perry would it be possible to send me your old one :eek: . I need a bung for my decat! Unless you still have use for it!

Impreza Wagon
Where is the plug for the front one? I was having a snoop about for it but couldn't see it.

Golf GTD Mk7
Where is the plug for the front one? I was having a snoop about for it but couldn't see it.

It's easier to see from underneath, as you would need to remove airbox and engine cover to get to it. Follow the wiring from the top GB earth as its branched off that.

Impreza Wagon
It's easier to see from underneath, as you would need to remove airbox and engine cover to get to it. Follow the wiring from the top GB earth as its branched off that.
Thanks, might have a look if it ever stops raining!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Took it to the garage anyway,they had done a diagnostics on the car earlier because i`d had an engine management light come on.Unfortunately the eml has come on again,so might have a tinker tomorrow and see whats what.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Iirc the only difference between Pre and Post us the length of the sensor cable, otherwise they are the same.

SQ5
Oh really? That was the same as the one I replaced with, ph2 post cat into a ph1 pre cat so should be fine?

I was barely getting 21mpg now barely getting 16!

SQ5
You were running omex so wouldn't of had a warning light. Post cat only tells you if you catalytic converter isn't working it doesn't really do anything!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I drove to barmouth and back from the west midlands yesterday with the new lambda and the start of the journey my mpg was 36.5,when i got back it was 38.2,so at least it works.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Bought new,garage charged me £87,which is the price from renault,(autoworld),i have the engine management light on again,so it wont be the lambda then?

Oh really? That was the same as the one I replaced with, ph2 post cat into a ph1 pre cat so should be fine?

I was barely getting 21mpg now barely getting 16!

I wouldn't have thought a Lambda would be causing that big a MPG difference from normal anyway, even when it was at 21mpg?
I get around 35 on my 182.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Which one did you replace?
The front one will be the one that affects the MPG performance.
The rear one will be the one putting your Engine management light on.[QUOTE

They replaced the front one(pre cat),thats what the diagnostics came up,are you telling me that i need the 2nd one replacing too?

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Took the car to the garage,he has cancelled the engine management light,fault read cat?....if it comes on again i`ll take it in.Hope its not the second lambda:(

Yes. You understood me correct.

If the rear one is faulty, it will be putting on the emission light. Regardless of whether you changed the front one.
Try swapping them round see if it goes off, then you'll know the rear lambda needs replacing.