ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor?

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
If my car is kangooing quite and a bit and poor acceleration, is it a buggered lambda? It's a 1.2 mk2 ph2. Apologies if it's been covered. Thanks in advance.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Can anyone help? Going to pick some stuff up from a lad breaking a Clio tomorrow and I told him I need te lambda sensor. He then asked which one, which has confused me a bit. Can anyone shed any light.

Thanks.

There is pre and post lambda - pre will effect running of the car if faulty, post will just bring up the light on the dash if faulty.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
no lights on dash at all. When the car is stationary and I rev it, sometimes it sounds like a misfire from the exhaust. Could that mean a blocked cat? The lad breaking the other clio only wants a tenna for the lambda so I may as well get it while Im there. I'll message him and ask for the pre lambda.

thanks for the help lads it's greatly appreciated.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
just a little update, I changed the coil pack for a genuine renault one today and it seems to have done the trick. no more kangarooing or misfire. revved the car when stationary and still there is a sort of backfire. i think the cat is buggered? not to sure where to go from here or how to fix the cat or even check its on its way. any help appreciated.

cheers

You can also get CAT cleaner that try's to clear any shite out of your car that may help my mechanic said to me when in doubt smash the cat out and buy another when your close to MOT time ;) haha ignore that advice though

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
Did you replace the HT leads and spark plugs?

I changed the leads as they came with the coil pack but I didn't change the spark plugs. Running a million times better than previous.

You can also get CAT cleaner that try's to clear any s**te out of your car that may help my mechanic said to me when in doubt smash the cat out and buy another when your close to MOT time ;) haha ignore that advice though

Haha nah I think I'll look about for some CAT cleaner. Thanks for your help pal.

clio mk2 1.2 75hp
use obd2 reader with your android phone and u will be able to see all main sensors in your car, i mean which is ok which is not :) I do that :) and alsow u can do fault code delete and it cost just a 5£