ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambo Doors

1.4 16v dynamique
i wouldnt recommend lambo doors, as GuyS has said many many faults, the cylinders also wear out super fast and u get clio door trying to slice you in half!
this has happened on many a corsa i know.....shame ;)

A well built VW
Tyson-182 said:
Why spend the money on a turd modification. Save it and buy a 172.

Tyson.

He has a 172/dynamique hybrid :rolleyes: soon to be on TB's (quite a few bits of Roamers iirc)

He has also spent a lot of money modifying the car and i do have to say it looks stunning in the flesh so i can understand why he doesn't want to buy one but continue to modify the one he has got but i do have to agree this is maybe not the right mod for your clio better to spend it on coilies if you havent got them already

black/gold 182
my_cougar49 said:
It would look like a pile of w@nk however in his defense its different - how many have u seen?- I havent seen any.

I wouldnt do it but at the end of the day its not my car and this is the sort of thing that makes people stand out. It would be a bloody boring world if everybody liked everything the same.
i agree each to there own :D

i can understand people doing body kits and lexus lights on a 1.2, but why would you ruin a 172 like that? as soon as you touch it you can wave good bye to its re-sale value

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
Thomas said:
i can understand people doing body kits and lexus lights on a 1.2, but why would you ruin a 172 like that? as soon as you touch it you can wave good bye to its re-sale value

not passing comment but not evreyone buys a car for re-sale value? :S

and i thought it was a dynimique hybrid??

A well built VW
Jonesy Yeah it is a dynamique with 172 engine fitted

At least he's put a decent engine in it and then the TB's are gonna improve that further

This forum seems to be getting a bit 172/182 are the only cars to have and keep em standard - if everyone taste was the same it would be a dull life - Lay off the guy Thomas we all know any car regardless loses money as soon as its out of the showroom ffs if thats what he likes good on him for at least doing it properly SGBodyworks are one of the best in Scotland by all acounts

2002 Clio Dynamic
I am waiting on my Konigsport coilovers to arrive at any moment just now! as for the styling of my clio it was how i wanted it then but i have a new kit waiting to be fitted in my garage just now with a list of other body mods to get done as well but thats not to say its going to be a big blue bit of filler!!

Quite funny how this post started off about lambo doors,then had me make a c**t out of myself(quite funny when i took the time to read back and realise) it has now turned to how good or crap my clio looks like!!

Anyway managed to get a couple of replies to what i asked so i will still wait and see about the Lambo doors!!

ps:The reflex's are for my Tigra!!! lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
heres my opinion off Lambo doors.

First off about myself. I own a 58bhp 1.2 8v Clio with about the same price as a second hand 182 worth of exterior bits, So I'm not one of these guys who gets all anal cause someone isnt putting their evo sticker in the right place. I'm all for show, not for go. However This is my opinion.

Now back in 2004, when they were in fashion, m yfriend had them, So I know what I'm talking bout.

For a decent set of lambo doors fitted and supplied with all necessary work done (extending of wiring looms etc etc) Dont pay less than £2,000.

Lambo doors kits come in weld on, or bolt on. Weld on are usually the cheap universal kits, bolt on are the top end ones from the likes of LSD.

Lets say you go for the weld one ones, they will just break. So that leaves the bolt on ones. A door is a VERY heavy piece of the car especially when you add speakers etc etc too it. When something is bolted on holding a weight, eventaully they are going to move. As a result your door shuts will be out so the hinges will need to be adjusted. Now this is just a pain in the arse of un bolting the wing maybe bumper. But remember this. My wings are smoothed in in 3 places, (bumpers grille and skirts) IF i had lambo doors, and they dropped, I would need the front wing CUTTING off, then re moulding back in and spraying. So every 3 months, I'd have to pay a grand. So if you do get a bolt on, make sure that your wings are EASILY removed.

That brings me on my second point. un bolt your door and try picking it up? Its not the lightest thing. Opening your door is easy, you open outwards (not like a lambo) and then up it goes helped bya gas strut, easy. Now sit in your car, and try get that fucker down again. I'm not exactly mr motivator, in fact im a weakling. You literally have to hang on the thing to get it down, then shut your door as normal. Of course as you are pulling it down, the gas strut is pushing it up.

Now another point. A car with lambo doors isnt going to be bog standard. Its going to have what, a bodykit, nice alloy wheels, a stereo etc etc. so you cant just park in the street, it will need garaging. Dunno bout you but I couldnt open a lambo door in my garage.

Oh and you know when you open your door on a slight hill and your door SWINGS open to full? IF your lambo door does that, your probably going to break the mechanism. You can be as careful as you want, but lets say you take your car for a mot, is the mechanic going to be that careful? Or even your firend in the passenger seat.

Also when your next at a show go look around the doors of all lambo door'd cars. There will be scratches where the doors dropped. Dont want that on a £4k paint job myself.

On top of all that they went out of fashion with Flares :)

fiesta
wings need to come off, a pillar's need strengthening, inner wings need work, doors need work, give me a pm, i'm sure i could sort that out and fit them

Trophy #473
Im talking from experience here, they are a pain to fit unless they are bolt on and getting them to line up correctly with the surrounding pannels takes some time, only to be adjusted in a few months of use, i agree with all of crazy clio's coments, i think you should only get lambo doors if you trailer your car around. in reality they are just to much of a ball ache to live with. but in my opinion they do look good on some cars.... but i wouldnt put them on my 172. :)

nathan

80MPG BEEZA
i've converted my dynamique to a 172 and trust me when you've done it you wont wana spend a grand on the ways your doors open you'll want it for tuning mods and making sure the car is running correctly

Range Rover, GTC, LP640
Ive got them freshly fitted on mine if anyone wants any pics of it i can send them from my phone

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
if you send them me hilly i can upload em on to my webspace and host em on here if you like

pm me.

are the 20s on yet?