ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamborghini driving day pics!

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Hey all,

have had the day booked for ages, but finally got to do it yesterday - driving a Lamborghini Gallardo!
There were 3 laps round the track with an instructor driving a Subaru Impreza Turbo to get used to the track, then 2 laps actually driving the Impreza yourself to get the racing lines down - then onto the laps in the Lambo... What an experience, highly recommended. It was in Leicestershire, near Loughborough.

Here's a few pics anyway...

The beast itself (not me in it at this point)

Lambo4small.jpg

Lambo5small.jpg

Me actually driving it on the next two:

JamesdrivingLambosmall.jpg

lambo.jpg

Me after it was over:

JamesafterdrivingLambosmall.jpg

Some of the other stuff you could have a go with:

SilverFerrarismall.jpg

RedFerrari355small.jpg

AstonMartinDB9small.jpg

Octavia VRS
Looks a great day mate, hopefully getting a Ferrari driving day for Xmas from the missus. I've gave enough hints lol.

Al, I don't think the Renault day tomorrow will be as good!

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Yep, the Mrs bought me it for Christmas before last! I couldn't do last year so ended up booking it for summer this year. Glad the weather held off long enough or I think it'd have been cancelled.
Was amazing, was driving home in her Smart car after that - could barely tell the difference in power (!)

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
justinRT said:
Awesome, is these one of the days you have to stay in third gear?

Definitely not! The guy was running me through the controls before we set off. It's a flappy paddle gearbox with auto option, so we kept it in auto (one less thing to concentrate on!) and he kept leaning over and dropping it a couple of gears with the flaps, then shouting 'nail it!' Welcome words...!

The sound is amazing when you do that though - he said they had a noise regulation on the track cos of the surrounding area, but he put it in sport mode and kept telling me to nail it, so what's could I do but obey?!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I live about 4 miles from this place, i did ferrari / rally last year.

The instructors here are NOT happy unless you are thrshing the balls off these cars & they tell you too, in a positive way.

Unless you are a short arse, don't do the old ferrari's........

Rallying was ace!!!

RB 200 Cup!
cool - i did lambo driving the other week at loughborough althoigh it nearly got cancelled cos of a mini hurricane - lol.

f**king good fun - my clio just doesnt excite me any more tho.....

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Nice shirt ;) I've done a Ferrari driving day. Absolutely loved it so i know the feeling! Your smiles tells it all!

Tyson.

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Tyson-182 said:
Nice shirt ;) I've done a Ferrari driving day. Absolutely loved it so i know the feeling! Your smiles tells it all!

Tyson.

Ha ha - cheers!

Yep, couldn't stop smiling after - top day

Turbos.
Love the helmet

"And more my next trick, i shall be shot out of a cannon!"

Would love a Lambo for the day to see how many weak slags i could pull.

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
cliobuyer said:
Love the helmet

Yeah, felt like a right helmet in that, buy hey, what ya gonna do!
S'abit of a squeeze in there too with that on, let's just say i've been in cars with more headroom...

Would love a Lambo for the day to see how many weak slags i could pull.

lol!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be walking around with the third leg showing - Lambos and Ferrari's? :approve:

LOL at the Impreza Turbo comment - like it was a shed that took you around to get used to the track! :cool:

Lucky bloke!

D.

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Darren S said:
I'd be walking around with the third leg showing - Lambos and Ferrari's? :approve:

LOL at the Impreza Turbo comment - like it was a shed that took you around to get used to the track! :cool:

Lucky bloke!

D.

lol yeah! I've never liked them, just think they look hideous, but after having a blast in one, I must admit they can shift!
It's a buzz being in one whilst the instructor's driving though, as he really knows the track and boots the hell out of it - kept banging my helmet on the roof (it was that exciting ;))

cliobuyer said:
Love the helmet

lmao ^ :D

Looks like u had a great time revving the nuts off some awesome machinery! Nice one :cool:

DC5
Thats where I did one last year or the year before. Looks like they've upgraded the lambo, as it was a diablo before. Was really looking forward to driving it, but it was a bit of a disappointment.

Also drove the noble m12 (absolutely amazing), sl55 amg, dodge viper, and an s2000 - was meant to be an exige but some1 bust it.

Clio 182
looks awesome mate, i keep looking at these driving experiance days on the net and keep having the erge to buy one for myself, this has made me want to go for it even more now

Awesome. Would love to do one of these, not very often you get to drive something like that, and on a private track! I see Clarkson has binned the GT for a Gallardo Spider, must be pretty good.

Ibis A3 BE
Nah, they've had a Gallardo there for a couple of year as I did that driving day a bit back, but that is a newer Gallardo than the one I went in.

Seems the more orange colour too, as the one I went in was yellow. Stuck with the e-gear though instead of the manual by the sounds, but I found that to be pretty amazing with no trouble at all.

I did enjoy the Gallardo over the 430 I drove at Thruxton.

Nice one!!

A red missile
Sweet, looks a top day out, just a couple of questions mate, how many laps did you get in the Gallardo and how much wallet pain are we talking?

Looks like you're going to get cramp in your face muscles you're grinning so hard - nice one.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
was it everyman racing?

Been on a rally day there - it is actually an old airfield

Ibis A3 BE
63/500 said:
Sweet, looks a top day out, just a couple of questions mate, how many laps did you get in the Gallardo and how much wallet pain are we talking?

Looks like you're going to get cramp in your face muscles you're grinning so hard - nice one.

I would think it was everyman - this is who I went through, although I think mine was originally purchased through Red Letter Days.

Here's the link: http://www.ferraridriving.com/lamboferrari.htm

A red missile
hmmm £155, might have to be trying that one :) like how they tell you to nail it, shouldn't be too much of a problem if they let me loose in one.

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
63/500 said:

You get 3 laps round with the instructor driving the Impreza (or Focus RS, whichever you get), 1st couple fairly slow to show you the racing lines etc, then the last lap he nails it which is quite scary as they know the track really well so boot the hell out of it round the corners! There's up to four of you in the front/back of the car at this point.

Then you get 2 laps driving the Impreza/Focus RS yourself.

Then out of that and a few mins waiting around, then into the Lambo - which you get 4 laps in. Apparently you do 7 miles in it - whooo!

"I see Clarkson has binned the GT for a Gallardo Spider, must be pretty good"

I didn't know that - nice one. The looks of the lambo are just in a different league to the GT imo.

"Seems the more orange colour too, as the one I went in was yellow"

They've still got the yellow one as well, although someone 'broke it' according to my instructor, so it was out of action that day. The orange one I drove has 'sport' mode - as we set off he said 'I'll be putting it in sport as we go round, but the boss doesn't like me doing it, so you didn't hear that' - top bloke!

"Sweet, looks a top day out, just a couple of questions mate, how many laps did you get in the Gallardo and how much wallet pain are we talking?"

Well, I got it bought for me 18 months ago as a christmas present, haven't been able to do it till now - but then it was £145 through red letter days, bought at Debenhams.