ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambswool mitt in washing machine?

BMW E46 330i Touring
As title really, can I machine wash my lambswool wash mitt? It's a bit grubby and needs a spruce up before I use her again...

106 GTi
Some do it, chances are it may shed.

I rinse mine well after use with the hose and dry and that normally suffices.

If they do get grubby I use that as an excuse to relegate them to dirty jobs and use a new one, or if they are quite new wash by hand in Woolite.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's still fairly new, the missus just emptied the contents of my boot into our entrance hall, where my mitts and mf's have sat for 2 weeks...

Will try washing it on a low heat, and if it falls apart then I've an excuse to buy a new one!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine have been in the washing machine loads of times with no problems .

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if u have a jet washer blast it with that it clens everything

BMW E46 330i Touring
But then where would I place it to blast it!?! Would get gravelly bits everywhere.

Been thru the machine, seems fine...

Golf R32
I had one of the Meg's lambs wool mitts and I used to bung it in the washing machine but after a while it started to shed in great big clumps, and I used to do it on the delicates cycle.

If you still want to bung it in best try turning it inside out

Clio V6 255
I put the whole lot in the washer, all the cloth material i use including the mitt, NO fabric conditioner though.

Get a nice car polish smell drifting through the house when they're all drying!