ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dreadful Gopro sound pickup

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Hello guys.. hope its the correct section.

I have a Gopro Hero5 which I use to record my trackdays.. footage is good except for the sound.

We all know the audio on Gopro is terrible but in this is really dreadful. Its kinda muffled and is loke the mic is clipping or saturating.

Having the case a but damaged I even tried the mod to remove membranes over the mic. Its better but still sh#t.

Speaking of "sound" modifications The car has interior but all sound deadening removed, I built a custom 63,5 exhaust with 200cp cat and 2 resonators to keep it a bit "quiet".

It also has a built up motor with racing ecu, itbs,cams.. so on full throttle its pretty noisy.

But for example the other day I recorded a video while moving it in my yard (so low rpm) and quality is terrible too... And at idle its not so loud..

Camera is held in her frame on a bar fixed to passenger headrest posts.

Any advices??

I thought about an external mic.. but wanted to be sure before spending 60€ only for the adapter + the mic...

Maybe another camera?! Hope someone can help me.. I love the sound of my Clio and having footages where you listen a lawnmower in a washing machine is bad ..