ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop - Can anyone find me a better deal?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Built using the Dell online "Build your own system" :
http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&kc=category~notebooks

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)
Orange Colour with Microsatin Finish edit
LCD 15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ WLED (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife
2.0 Mega pixel Integrated Web Camera edit
4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]
320GB (5.400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450
Fixed Internal DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software
Primary 6-cell 56 WHr Lithium Ion battery
Internal English Qwerty Backlit Keyboard
Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g)
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio

£670 Delivered.

I was tempted by the Blu-Ray inclusion, but it was another £99, so decided against it.

Can anyone find or know of a better laptop spec for the same price or cheaper?

Cheers guys :cool:

ValverInBits
I'd recommend looking into ASUS laptops. Always found ASUS kit is really good stuff and they are good value these days too.

Sounds a pretty good deal you have with dell there.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've always had Acer laptops but I thought Dell were good. No idea. Will have a look at some Asus ones now. :)

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
I might be able to do something for you but need to know how you got to £670?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
2 year warranty. I used the link and picked that spec machine to get to that price :)

Dell have reduced the price on the phone, BTW, and increased the processor speed, too. :cool:

Did you ask them or did they just offer?

really interested as I have a similer amount to spunk on a pc and may just go for a laptop - cheers!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Did you ask them or did they just offer?

really interested as I have a similer amount to spunk on a pc and may just go for a laptop - cheers!

The guy checked my basket and actually said he could better the deal. Bit nice of him TBH, considering he was knocking money off his own employers price. LOL.

The total price went to £709 delivered, but that was because I added something else (an extra which I fancied anyway).

I havent gone ahead with the deal yet, but only need to return documents on Monday.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Dell are pretty good, I have got some massive discounts when ordering some new kit for the company I work for.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, memory is more, processor is better cache, subtle extras such as Bluetooth and backlit keyboard, Works 2009, Sounbdblaster audio upgrade. The only thing that Asus seems to better is the graphics card memory. I mean, for that price you could even include a BluRay player in the package.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well now I just need to decide whether to follow up the deal as it is, or try and get them to include XP instead of Vista.

Hmm.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Awesome. Just received my delivery date via text. 17th March. Next Tuesday. Noice.

Processor upgraded to P8600, too. (2.4 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB, 3MB L2.4 Cache)

Cant wait. Bloody Vista though ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think I may very well be on that bloody same wavelength bugger flippin heck etc.

We'll see though. Everything else is funky as funk though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds mint tho mate. Love getting a new laptop.
f**k them who say I don't know how to use vista, It's shite end of. Slow and shite.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers for that link mate, just a tad too late. Bah. Got a good code off a mate via PM, anyway!

Dell FTW I hope.

Titanium 182
The other day my dell laptop informed me that dell aren't enjoying the recession as as such I should buy another laptop battery off them.

So now it only works if its plugged into the power. Apparently because its 3 years old or something Its recomended I replace it, they can sod off.

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Aluco, try this, might work might not: Remove battery and leave it out for four hours then replace it, this can make a difference.