ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Hard Drive Help?

Im in a bit of trouble with my laptop. I have a warning saying my hard drives failing and its running v slow.Ive done virus checks etc they are all removed. Ive backed everything up on an external hdd now but still it is not running well.

I have used a program called hdtune and it says Relocated sector count (current23) data 2002 I have read this is not good!!!!

Can you think of anything I can do to fix it or do I need to replace my HDD.

I may take it to a shop as im in the middle of my final year deadlines atm. Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks

I have saved what files I can. And created a system restore disc. Is it a case of now purchasing a new hdd (that fits the current spec) and installing the system restore disc on this?

I was told that maybe a system restore backup to a recent time may work?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366285803.507727.jpg

FF Clio 182
To be honest if I ever have any doubt about the reliability of a HDD I will stop using it. Don't want to think you fixed it then one day lose all your data. HDD are dirt cheap these days so just back up all your personal data and use it as a reason to do a fresh install of windows. I don't bother with systems restores, I just start from a clean OS. Each to their own...

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm upgrading to SSD as I hate waiting for laptops to boot up.. The one that's getting sorted now has been left on for over a year..

To be honest i cant use it properly the way it is running so it looks like a new hdd is required.

Am i right thinking if i buy the new one and fit i will be able to install my windows 7 from system recovery discs i have made?

What type of hdd should I look to replace with? SDD maybe? Can i be sure it will fit?

Thanks guys for the help!!!!!