ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Help

Punto/Clio GTT
Hey all, girlfriend wants to buy herself a laptop, shes seen one in the catalogue which she can get for £500 or so.

i know catalogue prices are usually high but could someone check the spec and tell me if its an ok price?

she wants to pay it over the year as she can afford a small weekly bill but not fork out £500 atm.

it wont be used for gaming or anything like that, mainly for browsing the internet and for her to do her uni work on.

any idea if this would come with an internal wireless network adaptor or will i need a usb one?

http://www.littlewoods.com/rf/navig...tem_id=15&Mis_item_loc_id=1&product=412120335

cheers

Punto/Clio GTT
nvm found it

title_bar_left.gif
Buy Now Pay Later 12 Months
title_bar_right.gif
  • 5% deposit
  • £45 Finance Administration fee payable directly to V-12
  • If you settle your account in full within 12 months, you pay no interest. Alternatively you may continue to make the remainder of the 48 fixed monthly payments until the loan has been repaid (29.8% APR). At any time after the 12 months you can pay back the balance and only pay interest up to that period in time. Monthly payments are made by Direct Debit and commence 1 month after your goods have been dispatched.
  • Please note you need to buy an accessory such as a carrying case, mouse or extended warranty to be eligible for Buy Now Pay Later Finance.

seems alright

Punto/Clio GTT
yeah that looks nice, i dunno if she has her heart set on a pink one, ill ask her, you know what women are like -.-

cheers for the help

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
FM,

G/f says to look at Acer Aspire, Toshiba or Samsung. But stay away from Fujitsu and Acer Extensa(only come with a 3 month warranty). For around the price mark you have stated, there is not a great deal to choose from spec wise, they are all pretty much the same or very similar.

Sy

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I think its the one I looked at when I was picking my bluetooth dongle up the other day. Very nice looking thing, built in webcam too I think.

BMW Z4 3.0i
If your girlfriend isn't going to be playing games or doing anything a bit crazy like image processing, she might aswell just get whatever the cheapest laptop is she can find with the size screen she's after. If all she's doing is browsing the internet, doing word processing, watching films and maybe downloading music or something, then an uber cheapo laptop won't really perform any different to an expensive one. The programs will start up slightly slower and boot up will take a little longer, but that's about it.

How about this for 309 quid?
http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=425397

If it doesn't come back in stock there's this for 350
http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=415871&tab=specification

Lol a pink one? ffs! You know it will be s**t and very poorly made. I cant get on the l'woods site but it isnt a playboy one is it?

Tesco have a gateway lappy for £299 and fairly well spec'ed for interweb and office. You should get ubuntu on it without to many probs.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6

be wary of acer, one of the cheapest nastiest laptops on the market

I am wary of nothing, I can't see why my g/f would let me recommend a s**t product.

Its all made by one company anyway lol, its just packaged different:rasp: .

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
my dad has had an acer for about 3 year now, not had any probs with it at all and me dad is a bit of a clampit on computers! Build quality seems quiet good also!

Although I have just bought an IBM thinkpad and the built quality of the thing is amazing! really impressed! Highly recommended and comes with loads of little cool extras like finger print reader, light that illuminates the keyboard, built in bluetooth, among many others. chuffed with it!