ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Power Problem

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Having some issues with my laptop at the moment and was wondering if any one has any ideas as to what it could be. Basically its heating up the metal part of the power supply that goes directly into the laptop to such a temperature that it has melted the plasitc bit inside the metal head. I have replaced the power supply and its still doing it. I can only guess that something is shorting out and casuing it to draw in to much power which is causing it to cook. However the laptop is working perfectly, and i can still hear and see the fan working so it isnt that. Anyone have any ideas before i cook another power supply?

Cheers,

Mike

Polo + Micra
i'd guess that there is a dry solder joint on the pcb where the power socket is.

but i might be wrong lol

A red missile
Is the battery old? if its carked it could be drawing shed loads of current trying to charge it, try it with the battery taken out - might make a difference.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
I actually thought of this just after i posted. So far it appears to be the case, as with no battery in it doesnt cook itself. Bloody things. Thanks for the help though.