ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop/Windows Help!!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My Brother's laptop is currently on the fritz just starts up like this...

6facb11bfa27dedad8d2d89e8c8625a8.jpg

Then...

5e5f1325c66690b1a669c819661ac036.jpg

d18c488be9d9c2285420eb7fc57d736a.jpg

0e926323522599626318d3b00fcf6038.jpg

Even in safe mode it tries to do it! Any help? Even factory restore or similar wipe clean? I think it's running Vista.

Help!!!!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
if you don't mind wiping it, have you tried booting from the windows CD/DVD and deleting the partition and starting again?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
hell no. download a copy (not that i'm telling you to use a torrent website to find an unlocked copy of windows)

Nissan 350z
If you need data off that disk I recommend taking it out of the laptop and plugging it into a dock, use it like a USB HDD on another device and try to copy anything off.

Otherwise Its format and reinstall Windows time looking at that. Does it have a recovery partition? some manufacturers ship their devices with them others dont. As JonnyK recommended, you can obtain a copy direct from Microsoft using your product key (often on a sticker underneath):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys, i'll delve into the windows thing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll give you it on Saturday! ;) I need to text you!