ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptops

MY10 R35 GTR
Show us yer laptops. IN the market for a new one.

15" max screen size. Was looking at the Asus ones which are getting good write ups.

Dell is the obvious choice but what other options are there

MY10 R35 GTR
Pretty much everything, need to have excel/word/power point. watching films occasional game playing.

Basically its gona be coming with me offshore. Just really needing to know which manufactuers to go with/ stay away from.

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
Depends on how much you want to spend.

The Lenovo ThinkPad X300 is the best laptop on the market right now, in my opinion at least. But it doesn't come cheap...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/review/2008/04/22/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X300/p1

I was so impressed after reviewing it, that I'm actually using one as my personal laptop now. Typing this on it in fact :)

The only thing you'll have trouble with is playing games. But then any thin and light notebook isn't really going to play games. Gaming notebooks require masses of power to drive those mobile graphics chipsets. They also need to be big, since those power hungry GPUs create a lot of heat.

Personally I wouldn't bother looking at a notebook for playing games. Unless you're talking about stuff like World of Warcraft or Spore.

Chelsea tractor
Mine's not bad for playing games tbh. It's a 17" Dell Vostro (1710) at 1900x1200 with an nVidia 8600m GS. Cheap and does the job

Megane Mk4
Running a Compaq Presario R3000 (HP PP2210) here,

Presario-r3000JPG.jpg

Couple of years old but still runs strong, as most Compaq's / HP's do, only upgrades I've done to is RAM/HD, runs everything I need it for.

Would recommend HP Compaq all day if you have the money to throw.

dCi 80 tractor
Get an Asus, good make and ebuyer for laptops, you cant go wrong. I use a Toshiba Satellite pro its ok but not good for games! but any laptops arent great for games anyway. Lenovo's are very nice and built probably the best but I dont think they have the best graphics card, more for business use.

MY10 R35 GTR
if its gone play a game its more likely to be FM2008 or similar. Nothing extravagent

Clio 197 F1 & 911 C2S
Pretty much anything will run FM2008, so you've got no worries there.

Although FM2008 is a sore point in my house at the moment, since my wife is getting more and more stressed trying to get the game ready for launch next month!

Jag Mondeo -Type
Ive got a Sony BX51VN

Very good laptop, if you've got about £500 to spend i would highly recommend one.