ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last Minute Track Day

Clio 172 Ph2
Hi Guys,

I'm booked in at Brands this coming Thursday and the car I had planned to use now has issues and I want to use my 172 so as not to loose out totally.

Do I need a tow eye to get on track ? will they turn me away without one ?

Cheers
Paul

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
According to their rules, You need one yes.
Having said that I've never used one.

It's for the best though as if you need to be recovered and there's no tow eye, they'll hook it around your wishbone and smash your bumper to bits.

Clio 172 Ph2
Cheers guys

Joe - It's circuit days from memory

Best to have one, so question now is how do I get one sorted before Thursday ?

I hear OMP do one but needs a bit of modding, can do a bit of tinkering beforehand but probably wont find time to get bumper off etc

Front bumper grill, right side. There's a round hole and it goes through that and into the bumper structure. There should be a standard tow eye in the toolkit in the spare wheel.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You will need one imo. And if you chance it for a tenner to get turned away you feel worse than stupid. Just buy one mate

Clio RS 197
All the track days I've been to ask that you fit your tow eyes before going out on track, and generally the marshal at the pit exit will check.

Better safe than sorry, as mentioned above if you don't have it fitted they will find something to clip the tow cable to and pull you out anyway!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Not having a towing eye fitted you run the risk of loosing mirrors, bumper or anything they can wrap a strap round if marshals need to recover car.
I always run with front & rear as have witnessed the other side.
Daft not fitting them?

Arctic 182
I forgot mine last time round and i had to sign a disclaimer to say that if i require towing that they will do it by any means possible and cannot be liable for any damages.
I'd try and get one if i were you