ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lboro Uni

Clio 1.4, SV650S
last year there was a red 2.0 valver, a blue gdi'd valver, and my green 1.4 mk2.

over at harry french or bill mo (cant remember which) there was a blue 1.4 mk2 with 172 bumpers iirc.

i'm finished now though... :( i hear the male/female ratio is up again this year... more like 1:1 than 7:1 it was a few years ago. lucky f*****s.

went past the cup again this morning, was a 53 reg so there must be another one kicking around. Lots of 182's in lboro as well.

Noticed a massive change in the old male:female ratio since I got here 3 years ago.

The 03 reg one, very nice mate, looks nice and clean as well, lol. Mines filthy at the moment. You just started in lough? or you back for your final year.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
entjm said:
i'm finished now though... :( i hear the male/female ratio is up again this year... more like 1:1 than 7:1 it was a few years ago. lucky f**kers.

Try being there 10 years ago, that was a scary ratio - back when it was "loughborough university of technology".

I wonder if the lecture theatre in the schofield building (think it was something like 103) still has the odd wind running through it.

Ahh, those were the days.....

BMW 320d SE
LOL I used to go there too, from 1999 to 2004! Car park 7 - always worried about leaving my car there, what with the chav estate across the road!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Karlos69 said:
LOL I used to go there too, from 1999 to 2004! Car park 7 - always worried about leaving my car there, what with the chav estate across the road!

Oi! I lived behind that estate in my second year ;)

We used to cycle through there as fast as possible! In the first week of being in our house (which was really nice) we had:

Encountered a naked bloke dancing in the road.

My housemate nipped down the chippy on that estate to buy us some dinner and and he met a whole load of youths walking through an alley all carrying lumps of wood and baseball bats, they didn't say or do anything to him though!

Oh and the neighbour also went mental at the same housemate for cutting the lawn, my mate thought it was ours but it was his. Strangly after that incident the bloke turned out to be ok.

i used to be there, left after my 1st year to go into employment instead.

may see my car around there tho as i play football up there a bit.

mines the blue mk1 172 look a like

Flippin heck, seems like half of cliosport have been there at some point. lol.
Yep things haven't changed it is still dead pikey round that estate, Some nice cars around as well this year.

What exhaust have you got on your cup adam? any other mods? noticed it looked pretty 'large' the other day.

Rob

hey, i went there too, 1997 - 2000 great days. I wish the ratio had of been better back then. I had my car broken into in the car park over the back of elvyn pitch near the newer type buildings. It was a black nova they smashed the window and knicked my cd's, they were trying to remove my 6x9s from the parcel shelf but must have been disturbed. Has anybody who went to loboro heard of prestwold hall? me and some mates turned up there in the summer of 2000 and found the gate open (turned out the owner had turned up and opened the gate so his mate could drive straight in and then pissed off again) much to our surprise. we were in like a shot and timing laps in a 1.2 nova until a front tyre pealed of the wheel (under inflated). while changing the tire the owner turned up and asked us what the f**k we were doing and explained he only left the gate unlocked a matter of minutes and asked us how we got a flat, we said we did not know and he did not ask if we had been racing round the track, great days.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
Has anyone seen me in carpark 7? no. plate is my username-kinda a givaway!
i spotted BD03 think thats u adamwj18 with the huge oval tail pipe!

BMW 320d SE
Does anyone remember seeing a blue mk.1 Clio in car park 7 in the 2003-4 year, dark blue, quite subtle, but really quick? I wasn't a williams, but the one with the bonnet bulge (don't really know much about mk.1s, sorry :S )?

Yep I spotted S2 PTH the other day in car park 7 down near the motor club, Did a bit of a double take, as i thought i recognised the plate but couldn't think who's it was.

You noticed that porsche/f40 hybrid the motor club are working on?

yeah there are some rich people in the motorclub! and their pretty good mechanically too!

just got back from FND was a pretty mad night, was dressed as a french maid! lol
neway spot u around guys!

tra!

oh another car i spoted was P4TTV
but the V looked like a Y bcoz of where the screw cap was, so it read PATTY
i recognise that username/plate! ne1 know y?

_phil

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Hi guys in the car club, gonna get a call from young lady with clio just lost bumper on speed ramp, got it out from under her car.

Help her out cheers, needs it re fixing to car etc.

RenaultSport clio 18
Hell fire, when I left Loghborough in '89 I was lucky to have evn had a car held together by string! Last time I went you all had mobile phones and everything. Do security still go round slapping no parking noitices if you haven't got a permit!!

yeah i always drive down to powerbase when its pissing it down, and park in the staff carpark! lol
im gonna drive up to the stewart millar building now coz ive got a 20min seminar thing, (its about a 20min round trip anyway! so i mayaswell drive!)

What do u mean steve about the girl whos coming to the motorclub?

Clio 1.4, SV650S
i heard that they only have one clamp... so if you see someone with it on you can park whereever you like... at one point last year ANY uni swipecard would open the barriers too!

lol which is fine untill the end of the year when they withold your degree for a parking ticket!

BMW 320d SE
LOL yeah! I remember that! I was just driving from one lecture to another and parking where I liked! :cool:

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
She ripped front bumper OFF on speed ramp.
I jacked up car & got it out for her, very upset!!! shocked.
I told her to contact car club as you guys would be able to refit it for her!!!!!!
Knights in shining armour & all that!!!!!!!!

Platinum coloured clio.......

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Im from Shepshed about 5 mins away from Loughborough uni and i ride around the uni with mates sometimes and ive spotted some pretty sweet clios about. I saw a couple of blue v6's going into the uni last week as i was driving by, first time id properly seen one aswell i about mounted the curb as i couldnt take my eyes of them.

Clio 172 mk2
Looks like there's a bit of a reunion going on here. I was there from 2000 untill June this year. I've bought the 172 that used to be parked outside the playboy mansion on Ashby road in 2003-2004.