ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2007, my 1st time (Pics)

182, Milltek
Just got back from my 1st Le Mans- absolutely awsome even with the annoying weather (must be truely incredible with the usual sun). Still buzzing from the whole thing, so much to take in for the 1st time, so many more experiences to be had next time.

Drive to and from was quality, Black Thunder carried 3 plus a lot of guff faultlessly and doing 34 mpg over 820 fairly quick miles. Soooo many stunning road cars absolutely everywhere, my eyes were on stalks nonstop from Friday (a tiny selection below :cool: ).

Goes without saying the racing and scale of the event was world class.

Only disappointment was the number of tw**ty neds Pi**ing around endlessly on mini motos, scooters etc. I guess there's nothing they won't try to spoil :rolleyes: .

Cimg2469.jpg

CIMG2573.jpg

CIMG2572.jpg

This badboy was in the carpark of the (bargain bucket) motel we stayed in last night when we got flooded out of the campsite.

CIMG2590.jpg

Mosler in the Chunnel carpark.

CIMG2593.jpg

BMW F31
gotta agree was a wicked time! and the neds on the mini motos were pretty annoying lol! the race was excellent despite the crappy weather to finish it off. as you say would have been a lot nicer of the weather had held off for the entire time. still was a very good time!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCI
All the red tents on the first picture are the Danish Camp! :cool:
Shame Tom K in Audi did not win for the 8th time :dapprove:

Clio Renaultsport 182
When did you take those?!! Don't remember there being any gaps in the rain!!

Good to see Pescarolo on the podium despite the 5 diesel cars in attendance. Gotta feel sorry for them knowing that there's almost no chance of beating the might of the factory diesel cars.

And well done to Rollcentre Racing for 4th place - not bad for a team consisting of only 6 people!!!

DC5
I went a couple of years ago, and it was amazing. Hopefully go again in the next year or 2. I was lucky enough to have the good weather when I went.

E90
Nurburgring 24 next year Cletus, you coming, if you think the camping at le mans is bad, you aint seen nothing yet pmsl

Renault clio 1.2 mk2
Just got back myself yesterday, was awsum! shame about the weather tho :nono: although when the sun came out was v.nice! :) was me 3rd year and enjoyed it just as much as me first. Did u see the drivers parade on friday night?

CS Dungeon
When did you take those?!! Don't remember there being any gaps in the rain!!

Good to see Pescarolo on the podium despite the 5 diesel cars in attendance. Gotta feel sorry for them knowing that there's almost no chance of beating the might of the factory diesel cars.

And well done to Rollcentre Racing for 4th place - not bad for a team consisting of only 6 people!!!

RR are based less then 2 miles from me on St-Ives ind estate (Cambs)

182, Milltek
take it you stayed in karting nord too then?
....actually i bet you were a tent across from me. White pug 306.

Don't recall a white 306. We were in karting nord, near the Airtrack bit- stupidly arrived Fri afternoon (novice) and had to park in a massive puddle full of rubbish (which later flooded our tent) :dapprove: .

I was quite near a blue vee but only saw literally 4 of 5 other CSs all weekend :eek: .

Highlight for me had to be seeing a ned come off his scooter on a muddy bend doing rediculous speed. He properly road-rashed himself but tried to act tough as about 30 people were watching :rasp: .

Here's some more...

CIMG2471.jpg

CIMG2561.jpg

CIMG2592.jpg

CIMG2595.jpg

CIMG2597.jpg

My mate is odsessed with Vipers and he even had a matching t-shirt- looked like the owner (who was actually a middle aqged woman :eek: )!

182, Milltek
did you have a purple polo parked in front of you? you were facing my car as you were leaving i beleive

Oh yeah, I got ya. The polo was my poor mate's girlfriend's who had to drive last minute cos another mate pulled out- she doesnt really like driving :S .

You drove back on the monday too then? Glad we did after hearing the stories on PH (16 hrs to get back!).

172 Exclusive... For Sale
I went Le Mans 24 a couple of years ago, its really good, and exceeds expectations. Wasn't sure what to expect...

I actually managed to get some sleep for a good few hours despite the roaring exhausts. It was great waking up then getting a coffee & those fantastic donut twists, walking around the track and watching a Ferrari lose grip whilst taking a bend trying to overtake a Porsche.

I noticed a lot of Brits when i went, especially the TVR Fan Club. Some nice freebies i got as well in fact, baseball cap, poster etc.