ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Headlight Washer

2002 Clio 172
I noticed after I finished work earlier that there was water leaking from my car and it looks to be coming from the passanger side headlight washer. Is there a common thing to look for or not? Will be having a look tomorrow when it gets light would just like any help if poss thanks.

172 mk2 Iceberg
yep very common replace the whole washer.....

bumper off job..

left and right are different..

bout £7 or £8

Rsport182Cup'd
soleniod fails to close after opening to wash headlight, so water has a syphon effect and empties washer bottle, there were a few common faults washer jets one of them cracking bottles another somake sure you stress to renault which one as i found it can be 2 or even 5 visits to mend. you can have them blocked of so they do not operate at all but if they are there and you are on warrenty the might as well work, - reading your car as 2002 plug them up less hassle

2002 Clio 172
Will have look at fixing once it warms up a bit then. Thanks all for the quick response.

Rsport182Cup'd
no problem, good luck with it, if all else fails get a dodgy number plate and tell the boys at REN it is new - trick them, they know foook all anyway

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I just booked mine in at renault - all done under warrenty

Might be a nightmare though :(

Da

Less
I added the washers to my non-sport a few months back. All I did was release the bumper from the wing and arch liner. It then kinda pulls out away from the car (sideways) so the front of the bumper directly under then headlight is loose. You can the fit your hand in the gap between the top of the bumper and bottom of headlight to access the washers rear securing nut. Repeat on otherside and jobs done without the need to fully remove the bumper :)

182 CLIO SPORT
I added the washers to my non-sport a few months back. All I did was release the bumper from the wing and arch liner. It then kinda pulls out away from the car (sideways) so the front of the bumper directly under then headlight is loose. You can the fit your hand in the gap between the top of the bumper and bottom of headlight to access the washers rear securing nut. Repeat on otherside and jobs done without the need to fully remove the bumper :)

Thats sound. i'll do that then,