ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
Hi,

I got a slight leak on my sunroof I think.

Im guessing the water comes in though the sunroof somewhere and then collects in the housing of my interior light, until I excellerate fast, or go round a roundabout quite quick, then it all pours out onto the passenger :)

Anyone else experianced this on an MK1, if you have then any tips on fixing it and where exactly its coming from would be great.

Thanks,
James

BMW F31
had this on my girlfriends car, took all the sun roof winder etc apart and still couldnt see where it was coming in from, sold it in the end and bought a 306 without a sunroof lol

1995 Clio RSi 1.8
had this on my girlfriends car, took all the sun roof winder etc apart and still couldnt see where it was coming in from, sold it in the end and bought a 306 without a sunroof lol

Lol well I only recently bought my one so I need to fix it rather than sell :)

I have electric sunroof too, so no winder which is somewhat of a worry with water going near the electrics........

Megane Trophy, Golf
Hi,

I got a slight leak on my sunroof I think.

Im guessing the water comes in though the sunroof somewhere and then collects in the housing of my interior light, until I excellerate fast, or go round a roundabout quite quick, then it all pours out onto the passenger :)

Anyone else experianced this on an MK1, if you have then any tips on fixing it and where exactly its coming from would be great.

Thanks,
James

Had this on my old valver, if you put a thin application of silicone sealent round it and clean all the glass and rubber where it connects it makes it a lot better. Other than that you would need a new sunroof. ;)

172 cup
The roof on my mx-5 used to leak - i used to used vaseline round the door seals that seemed to stop it - did get a few passengers wondering why i drove around with a tub of vaseline wedged in the ashtray though ..