ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Rear Lights too bright

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
I fitted some LED rear lights a while back and love em or hate em I'm not after flaming for this.

However they are very bright and you can hardly notice the brake lights unless it is totally black.

I was wondering if it was possible to add a resistor in line to drop the voltage going to the units, and if so what resistor I should use and where I would put it, or is their another way to do this.

Cheers for any help

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
no, they are similar to mk1 lights where the bottom is the fog lights and the top is driving/brake lights. you can swap the wires around but the bottom ones are even brighter.

Polo + Micra
i don't think you can change the resistor as all the electronics are all sealed up

if you did add one outside make it something like a 100 ohm one with a 1w rating

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
can u make the brake like be where the fog light bits are.

So regular light is a top and brake light at bottom.

Mégane RS
i re wired mine so the brake lights are at the bottom

CIMG4595.jpg

Mégane RS
their not that bright that they cant see anything, i've followed my car and there like all others with leds 307cc, m3's etc

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
really the fogs on mine are rediculously bright lol if i put them as my norm ones ppl would flash me 24/7 lol
but its looks soooo much better

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I followed someone who had wired up is LED brake lights to his reversing lights! unt

this picture was taken with my lights on and my brake lights appear in the same place and the fogs appear along the bottom.

would like it so i can get the lights to come on at the top (like now), brake lights to be along the bottom, and then nighttime lights turn brighter when fogs are switched on?

jamie

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
u jus need the paper tht cam with them and figure it out, thats wat i want comb, but i dont think its poss to make the brake lights as the fogs

Polo + Micra
surely it is a case of just swapping a couple of wires as i'd imagine there in banks in parallel?

RenaultSport 197
I get so p*ssed off with other car drivers who over take me or behind me flash thier headlights/ fog lights to indicate that my LED lights are too bright, so annoying and then I overtake them again and stick my rear fogs on to show them!!!!

I was thinking of getting the blacked out LEDs but at 180 quid a pop, Im keeping my chrome ones... Didnt realise at the time how bright they are.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
nor me,

buttttt my fogs are soo bright if i re wired the as my normal rear lights surely police would pull ya, there sooo bright lol. Anyone got the bit of paper with the wirings on

Polo + Micra
no cos they are the same leds

it's the compontents that are sealed behind the light that make the side lights dimmer so it would be the same with bottom set of leds

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah lol i dnt get it hang on.

The bottom set on mine are f**king bright as s**t so i couldnt surely have them as my normal lights.

So on ure vinny the brake light is at the top, but your normal lights are on the bottom (where the fogs originally were).

Polo + Micra
the bottom ones are as bright as your brake lights when at full brightness

but you side lights would just move to the bottom with the same brightness as they were at the top

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
oooh right ok, so if i just swap the wires round i can have my side lights at the bottom and brake lights will be at top.

When i put fogs on will they just make the side lights go brighter.

Polo + Micra
no you'd swap it so that your side/brake lights at the bottom and your fogs at the top

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
do both ure fogs come on, when i turn mine on only one does, u rekon its a fuse or just the wires came out.