ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED vs Standard Tungsten

LY 182
Seems like more and more people are updating their standard lights, be it side lights, interior light, boot light, to LED white lights. Just wanted an idea what people prefer/have.

LED or Standard?

260% JCW
If they did a white normal bulb no doubt people would buy them, as far as i know the only way to get a white light is via LED.

On the 1*2 most people do it to match the side light with the white light of the xenon. For me it looks odd else.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I did mine as above side lights to match xenons and interior to white rather than yellow

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Interior was sh*te so replaced that with LED. I replaced the sidelights because I have to do a lot of waiting for people at dark in car parks (stop laughing), and the standard ones don't stand out well. I have conventional xenons which are pretty white anyway, and because they're single optic blocks at the moment, the headlight conceals the sidelight, so what difference there is, you can't tell.

Ford Transit
Although we sell thousands of LEDs for this very purpose, I don't like the light that the LEDs give off when being used for interior. For external use they're great, really bright crisp white light. However why would you want such light in the interior? Footwells maybe but any over head lighting is just too much IMO.

Nathan

LY 182
Similar reasons why I've done the same, I definitely think that we're in the age of the LED and that it does improve the look.

Interesting you should say that Nathan, I've put LED white lights for the interior and I am still deciding on whether it is an improvement or not.

PH1 172, E39
Interior was sh*te so replaced that with LED. I replaced the sidelights because I have to do a lot of waiting for people at dark in car parks (stop laughing), and the standard ones don't stand out well. I have conventional xenons which are pretty white anyway, and because they're single optic blocks at the moment, the headlight conceals the sidelight, so what difference there is, you can't tell.

You stalking someone.....LOL.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
LED sidelights are a massive improvement provided you get the right ones .