ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liams UR R26 Lux

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ill just copy what ive already posted on RSMegane.com

Hi all..

I thought i'd start a thread about my megane so i can keep track of what ive done along the way.

My first car was a 1.2 16v clio. I had it for a year while i learned to drive, then my first year of driving.
After owning the 1.2 i found CS.net, joined up and decided that after seeing so many nice 172/182s on there that a 172 would be my next car.

So i went off and bought one, it was a bit of a wreck when i got it, and since i bought it ive done nothing but spend money on it, either repairs or mods.

After 33k miles in 2 years, its time to move on again.

So.. heres the new car!

Standard apart from black wheels and door strips.

48k miles, years MOT and 6 months tax. FSH with the belts done the day before i picked it up.

Ill update things as i change/fix it.

Thanks for looking ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's missing an important part and it's in the wrong section... sort of...

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ah.. was in a rush and didnt even check the post after i posted it haha!

Ill get it sorted out soon with the rest of the stuff.

Gally, i wasnt too sure where to put it, seen that others had posted about their new cars in this section so i went for this.

If it is wrong, could a mod shift it for me? Thanks

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I reported it mate. Also get more coverage for pics etc in that section. Best to keep that stuff in one place.

G&A is one of the best bits of the forum.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol. Forgot about this. Sorry folks!
Im uploading the photos to photobucket, which is a pain on my mobile, they arent really in any order. Hopefully anything else i do from now on will be ok though!

First thing.. problems aready (obviously, its renault!) I had to change the rad as it was leaking a bit, got a new one online, its not as well made as standard but it will be fine!

IMG-20130901-WA0004_zps017876a0.jpg

After its first wash! It still needs a good polish as its pretty swirly. Ill be testing out the new AF wax so ill hopefully get it done before they are aplied!
tapatalk_1380053338423_zpsbcd9583f.jpg

tapatalk_1380053358876_zps66f9bec3.jpg

Loving these aswell! They are petty mint, anyone recomend a good leather cleaner/protector?
20130812_205114_zpsffcc48b1.jpg

Wheels are gloss black, ive never been a fan of black wheels as i find it hides the detail of the alloy, but im actually pretty happy with these!
50976_l_zps918ba73c.jpg

At the moment im trying to sort out the CV boot clip, apparently they are bad for coming off. Trying to get a shot of the renault tool and clip rather than a cheapo fix! Hopefully get that sorted out at the weekend.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Haha only joking mate. Get some up of the full car though, looks really good!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I will at some point, its not on the road yet, parked up in the garage.

Hopefully be on the road within the next week so ill get it all waxed up etc and get plenty photos for you :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
front bumper is not lined up good.
theres some cv clips on ebay but they might not hold the renault cv boots

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
For Sale? Won't be around long at that price. Didn't Steve RS sell one for 8 5k?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Forgot about this thread :p

Yes the car us up for sale but im honestly not bothered if it doesnt sell. If it does ill buy a high specced clio. If not ill fiddle with the meg next year.

Had it on the road a while now and its going well, i bought a pipercross panel filter for it on tuesday and it arrived yesterday so i fitted that last night, seems to be a little bit of a deeper note but nothing exciting.

The cheap s**t tyres are really letting it down at the moment and im blaming them for my feelings towards it, i just cant enjoy driving it fast with no confidence in it.

If i keep it ill get some decent rubber, rear box chopped, and possibly strip the rear and get a boot mat and possibly rear cage. Seems a bit of a grown up car for that nonsense though so im not too sure!

Still need to find out what the f**k is ratteling about under the carpet aswell, its doing my tits in but im in the middle of moving out of my flat just now so im not really bothering with the car at all! :(

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ill stick another few pictures in aswell, and no the front bumper is not lined up properly, the passenger headight clips are broken and the light isnt sitting properly, meaning the bumper wont fit on properly. Bit of a pain but its the least of my worries right now!
qa2epy2a.jpg
6ysurube.jpg
7yqypeme.jpg