ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light Clutch Kit

Ive seen people talking about a kit you can get to make the clutch lighter on a Clio. I have a 93 16v - can anyone recommend anywhere to look for this kit and rough ideas on price?

Ta

----====Monkey45====----

williams and trophy

hm

try gettin the clutch fork from a 2000/1+ clio, apparently its longer and fits evrything else inside the box

Im not too fussed about the weight of the clutch but all I seem to do round here is drive for 40 minutes to and from work in traffic which aint no fun when the car is growling at me to go through the back of the monkey in front!:eek:

K-Tec and BB have uprated clutch kits but the fellas I need to speak to are ill/at lunch/under cars. Damn these hard working types.;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a slightly longer clutch fork might work.what is the bb tuning part then as there isnt a picture?

BB Tuning have said they can do a softer clutch kit only when they install a new clutch.

Clutch price (fitted) £440 + VAT

Soft pedal conversion £50 + VAT

Is this my only option or there anywhere else that offers just the softer pedal conversion?

take the green block out from under the pedal. sure people have done that before. apparently makes the clutch easier to press. or you can get a soft pedal conversion or fit a volvo pedal and mechanism apparently. not 100% on that though.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

do you mean the stopper dean? that would increase pedal travel so may help make the pedal easier to press.

Clio Gtt

is the 16v gearbox casing the same as the gtt? if so you need to get theese bits from volvo.

v00946329
v00971098
v03424195

vo3455952

vo3467278

v03455957

grand total of 21 quid, one soft pedal conversion.

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 13 March 2004

do you mean the stopper dean? that would increase pedal travel so may help make the pedal easier to press.
yeah, sorry Jay, i mant the stopper. i think its green.

my clutch used to be really heavy

but then my clutch plate snapped and i had to have it replaced and after that its really one of the lightest clutches i have used

jaimie

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yeh just get a volvo longer clutch fork, use the part numbers juss posted will make it alot softer.