ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lights Xenons / Normal

Authentique 1.2
Hey,

Know this is gonna sound stupid, but I don't get it.

You've got xenon light, on most new cars look like a glass bubble.

Then what's HID? and what's the difference between xenon / normal bulbs in my 01 clio?

Insignia SRi
HID's use a bulb and xenons use a lens to project the light!!

HID bubs just give the xenon light discharge through a bulb not a lense.

A ANIMAL
^Not stricktly true,

HID is a a non filliment light which replaces a filiment with mercury gas which is ignited to produce a light at higher tempretures - hense the brighter light.

Xenon is a still a filament based bulb but uses xenon gas to produce a brighter light than a standard filament bulb, which is typically halogen gas which doesn't produce light at such a high tempreture.

Clear as mud? lol

Clio 182FF
I'm glad someone has bought this up as I have Xenons on my 182 but am wanting to replace the yellow coloured bulbs and have no idea what they're called or what i need.

I want all the lights to be white in colour to match the Xenons, what bulbs are needed?

A ANIMAL
I'm glad someone has bought this up as I have Xenons on my 182 but am wanting to replace the yellow coloured bulbs and have no idea what they're called or what i need.

I want all the lights to be white in colour to match the Xenons, what bulbs are needed?

I'm not sure of the fitment on the 1*2 (probably hb3 & h7?) but you just need a higher wattage bulb than the standard one to get a whiter light.

Authentique 1.2
They're irritating to the driver infront of you thou, because whens some one is behind me im completely blindided in my mirrors because their so bright!

Look nice thou...

So there is a bulb version, like i've seen it halfords?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
if you want to replace the xenon bulb there ds2 fitment get 6000k ones

If you have 182FF then you have "xenon" HID dipped headlights and H1 halogen main beam. Don't confuse xenon HID with xenon halogen bulbs. Cups use H7 halogen bulbs that can contain xenon gas in the bulb for their dipped beams.

the glass bubble is the lens on the car which most new cars with xenons have. Helps project, hence the name, the light onto the road instead of all over the place.

HIDs tend to be retro-fitted by people with just standard reflector lenses hence why they look different

Nimbus 197
I'm not sure of the fitment on the 1*2 (probably hb3 & h7?) but you just need a higher wattage bulb than the standard one to get a whiter light.

Be careful with higher wattage bulbs though as in extreme cases, they can melt the bulb housing. PIAA offer "xenon gas bulbs" and look very close to proper xenon units. Most of them are same wattage as normal bulbs iirc.

E92 M3

do you not mean the side lights

Ok now I'm a bit confussed. The dipped beam is white, but the full beam looks yellow to me?

You're dipped beam should look white/blue-ish. You have HID lights for dipped beam.

You're full beam will be white, but will look yellow due to being next to the very whiteish blue on the HIDs. You can get some xenon H7 bulbs for the full beam if you want them to be slightly whiter. But there's no way of getting them to the same colour of the HIDs with legal H7 lamps tbh.

Clio 182FF
Here is what my front lights are like:

Y = Yellow
W = White/Xenon?

I want to have ALL the bulbs white like the Xenon lamp, or as close to as possible. And NO I don't want a xenon indicator bulb lol.

led sidelights (Y) cost a few quid...

as for the foglight?? i dont know if this can be done?? dont htink it can...tho i may be wrong..

led sidelights (Y) cost a few quid...

as for the foglight?? i dont know if this can be done?? dont htink it can...tho i may be wrong..

He already has a blue sidelight, so led won't be much diff.

Basically mate, you need to find a blue-ish tinted H7 bulb for the full beam, and H1 (I think) for the foglight.

End.

He already has a blue sidelight, so led won't be much diff.

Basically mate, you need to find a blue-ish tinted H7 bulb for the full beam, and H1 (I think) for the foglight.

End.

ahh right...thought he was talking about orange sidelights..

you can buy the blue tinge ones in halFRAUDS (main beam)....iirc...but im sure its 14quid a bulb..

and they seemed to go pop everyfew months...

so id look online..

Cheers dude, I take it its a case of pull one out and put the new one in?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously haven't tried changing headlight bulbs yet. Hope you have girly small hands, or a girl to do it for you!!! There is NO room behind the lights what-so-ever!!

Clio 182FF
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously haven't tried changing headlight bulbs yet. Hope you have girly small hands, or a girl to do it for you!!! There is NO room behind the lights what-so-ever!!

I do own girly hands and have already changed the idicator bulbs... it was a b*****d but I got there in the end :)

I was a girl in my previous life and wish that I was still a girl :D :D :D