ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Linking one amp of another

J

jamesy

depends on the lengh of power wire your running to each amp and what gauge theres not really gonna be much of a power loss certainly not a noticeable one;)

Oyster Card
Sweet cheers mate, tommorow is operation Kenwood, going to rewire all my ice use kenwood 600w to power sub and my other amp to run front Pioneers.

muz

big fat japanese bus
you need a fused distribution block, a normal distribution block for the earth, at least 4 guage wiring probobly 2 guage.

J

jamesy

your need a 2 way dis block that goes without saying but a seperate earth block is not essential also 4 gauge into 8 should be more then sufficient with what your running however using a larger gauge will only improve your systems performance;)

muz

big fat japanese bus
only if he is planning to run 2 seperate earth wires to the same point, you can pick them up for £5

J

jamesy

the best earths on the mk1 are the boot latch and the big brass bolt under the driver side rear seat i use a block myself as you should just make sure you dont earth two amps to 1 point;)

Polo + Micra
jamesy said:
the best earths on the mk1 are the boot latch and the big brass bolt under the driver side rear seat i use a block myself as you should just make sure you dont earth two amps to 1 point;)

don't get this ?

are you saying to earth to the same point or not?

J

jamesy

not if your not using a block and yeh if you are as you would use a larger gauge from the block to the chassis than what would be going into the block;)

Polo + Micra
you should always use the same earth point whether you are using a dis block or not

MK1 Clio 16v
I've earthed my system to the screw that holds the right hand rear light on! I just scraped the paint away and earthed it there. Seems to work ok!

I used 4 gauge power cables for earth and to the batt, but then i use 2 gauge to go to all the amps. 4 gauge is just too big!