ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Linking PC desktop to TV

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi...going to buy a Dell HD Zino and want to hook it up straight to my TV, not going to get a monitor.

What cable will I need to do this, HDMI to HDMI I was guessing, but will I need another cable for the audio too?

Mito Sportiva 135
Cool thanks guys! For this (for time being anyway) just got a Logitech 2 channel system which you fit via the 3.5 jack, but don't think I have that connection on my TV so would have to be straight from the pc?

ALSO (possibly a thick question!) if I don't get the Zino and get a "regular" mini desktop instead, can they but put horiontal or do they need to be vertical? We have horizontal ones at work but wasn't sure if they have to be made that way?? (Again, this might be a retarded question!!)

Last edited:
Can be stacked either or...it doesnt matter ;).

And as for sound, whack it into the pc direct otherwise the sound will be out of sync.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wicked, cheers again!

Sturggling to find a basic case with Windows 7, MS Office, wireless keyboad and mouse and "reasonable" spec for less than £500 though, thought I would be easily able to?

Mito Sportiva 135
Plus I do need to ocassionally do other important things, like a little spreadsheet, look at p**n etc etc...

Giulietta 940
Not sure how much Sony will bother addressing this as the vast majority of MKV files are pretty much pirated HD stuff, and well known for it too.

MKV2VOB does a good and quick enough job for me.

This is true, but MKV files are generally smaller in size, which is handy. Still, I'm not complaining as conneh said, the PS3 media playback is really quite good.

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, I am looking at this build now as can't find any other similar mini pcs with HDMI output:

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...en&m_30=322299&oc=D00Z4107&rbc=D00Z4107&s=dhs

Please could someone with a better idea than I do have a look and let me know what they think? They suggest graphics upgrades but I dont think they would be needed for my purposes.

Any other ideas? I had a look at some HPs but not as small and no HDMI output either?

Want to order tonight if I can! Thanks!

2014 Focus Titanium
Whatever you do it is worth checking where the graphics in the PC supports audio over HDMI, many don't (but many do) and if yours doesn't then you will need some sort of optical lead or 3.5mm lead I would think.

EDIT: Just seen that comes with an ATI Radeon HD 4250 and they support audio over HDMI so you are fine :)

Giulietta 940
Pretty sure i watched top gear mkv in HD the other night via my PS3 :/

What DLNA software are you using? Just WMP?

I'm using Twonky at the moment, its the only one that works. WMP/TVersity/Mobili refuse to work...