ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

List 1A Tyres

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
I am considering entering the Castle Combe Saloon Championship, but they only run List 1A tyres.
Has anybody got any recommendations, because I normally run 888s so need to get something different?

I use Michelin PS3 in autosolos that have 1A restrictions. Michelin PSS might also be an option. The old AD08 would have been an obvious choice but now they're AD08R they're 1B. You might find some of the old non R versions about somewhere.

172 Cup
Even though I can run 1B in the Gurston road going class, I decided to go with 1A tyres for my first season (and to also wait to see what happens with the 1B/1C split for next year).

Anyway, having made that decision it was a toss up between Michelin PS3 & Conti CS3, I went with the Michelins.

AD08 were probably the best 1A tyres but as said these have been replaced with AD08r and are 1B now.

Best bet is to try and find some old stock AD08's

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
AD08 were probably the best 1A tyres but as said these have been replaced with AD08r and are 1B now.

Best bet is to try and find some old stock AD08's

I know plenty of people that have tried and failed to get the original ad08 so I doubt you will get new ones of those but the odd part worn set pops up now and again.
I have also used the yokohama s drives last year and they were alright

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
i think the ad08 will be removed from the 1a list next season as they are starred in the blue book this year

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Eagle F1. Probably have to shave them though

What about Bridgestone S002 Adrenalin

I uses to find the Eagles too hard
I've uses Toyo too, but wrecked them pretty quickly at Anglesey
Continental were good at mallory and Anglesey

RB 182
can agree on the Bridgestone Adrenalin being (one of) the best bets for a 1A tyre from hillclimbing / sprint point of view