ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

littl help.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hey i just finshed fitting my amp and have a few questions?
i took the grommit that the wire for the boonet goese through out and fed the power cable throuhg. but now i cant fit the grommit back in cos not enough space, what do u seggest?

nd secondly, were is a good earthing point in a clio for a an amp in the boot?

Nike Lunar Elite's
Dunno what to do about the grommet but for the earthing point, the best thing you can do is simply drill a hole in the boot floor, or use the mounting bolts for the rear bench, under the black cover (this is what I've done). But remember to strip all the paint from the surface around the point you chose to get the best connection possible.

suzuki ignis sport
squirt some clear silicone around it(like bathroom sealer) it will seal it up and pop out in one piece when you wanna remove it, i swear by it

One with a few more
The grommit is best used when drilled through for the power wire, lol. Not many people take it out completely.
My earthing points are the bolts at the part of the boot nearest you when you stand behind it. There are bolts for holding cargo nets in. I simply sanded the area and the bolt hold the earth in place