ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little black spots

Washed my car at the weekend for the first time in about a month.

All down the left side of the car on the bottom half of the door/rear wing were small black spots that were an absolute b*****d to get off :mad:

Any idea what this is and how to get it off? (I gave up on some of it, was getting dark!)

If it was summer I'd have assumed it was tar off the road :S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like it is tar mate tbh , even though its not summer . You could try AG intensive tar remover , or clay .

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, can be a pain to get off but should be ok if you get it before it becomes thoroughly stuck on. I have got tar off before with only using a bit of polish, but that was when the tar was fresh.

Mito Sportiva 135
Its not rocket science, think a group of individuals can come up with solutions without having to rely on Rich all the time!

Will be asking him how to brush your teeth next! He learnt mainly through experience as a lot of others have, its the best way IMO.

RB 182 with CUP packs
Its not rocket science, think a group of individuals can come up with solutions without having to rely on Rich all the time!

Will be asking him how to brush your teeth next! He learnt mainly through experience as a lot of others have, its the best way IMO.

STEADY!!!! :rolleyes:

Surely if he has more experience than others, he won't mind helping out with suggestions.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I'm sure he won't, just stating that there are many others on here who detail professionally or as a serious hobby so as good as Rich is, there are others with equally valid tips. If Rich doesn't mind fielding every question then thats very good of him just trying to lighten his workload so to speak!

RB 182 with CUP packs
Yeh I'm sure he won't, just stating that there are many others on here who detail professionally or as a serious hobby so as good as Rich is, there are others with equally valid tips. If Rich doesn't mind fielding every question then thats very good of him just trying to lighten his workload so to speak!

Unfortunately I don't know of any other detailers etc on here.

If I did I would put their names also mate ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Pmsl ;)

Clay bar and applicator worked for me, fair bit of elbow grease required tho

Yep I'd say try clay bar with spray about £10 from Halfords. It should do the trick.

Break about a 1/3 of the clay off the bar, wet it in warm water and roll it into a ball. Make sure the panel your claying is wet by using the spray, don't use the clay on dry paint work.

this might be a bit of a hijack os sorry if it is, but is clay really really worth doing? i have never clayed the car, had it three years and has been SRPd and EGPd pretty much every month, so stays shiny :D

how much difference will the clay make (am gettin a PC for xmas so do i defo need to clay)

jamie

this might be a bit of a hijack os sorry if it is, but is clay really really worth doing? i have never clayed the car, had it three years and has been SRPd and EGPd pretty much every month, so stays shiny :D

Not quite sure what those acronyms stand for but i clayed mine, took a few hours, but the results really suprised me. The paintwork was so smooth, just makes you realise how much crap your car can accumulate.

sorry Bjorn mate, means auto glym Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection

may have to give it a go then

thanks for the opinion :)

jamie

172 rear bumper on and then will be fully washed, clayed, PCd and waxed. photo shoot once done :)

jamie

106 GTi
LOL @ this thread ;)

Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remover for me, would rather dissolve it than shear it off with clay. As Brand86 says when fresh polsih will wipe it off, AG SRP works well. As soon as it drys, clay can be used to shear it off, or tar remover to dissolve it safely. After using the Tar remover you will need to re wax.

106 GTi

how much difference will the clay make (am gettin a PC for xmas so do i defo need to clay)

jamie

Using a clean sandwich bag on your hand rub it across clean paintwork. If it catches on the paint you have contamination that clay will remove. I have never needed to clay my car yet, so you may be lucky.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
The little black spots may be fly puke. I didnt know this but apparently fly's puke loads. I used to think it was tar but i get these black spots on the window frames in my house. A mate told me what it was in the end, yuk.

Golf R soon...
The little black spots may be fly puke. I didnt know this but apparently fly's puke loads. I used to think it was tar but i get these black spots on the window frames in my house. A mate told me what it was in the end, yuk.

Thats probably the most funniest thing I have read all day! all 11 minutes of it ;)

STEADY!!!! :rolleyes:

Surely if he has more experience than others, he won't mind helping out with suggestions.

PMSL

Rich is the daddy :hail: