ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little help please, Dephaser? struggling to start and cutting out. with vid.

172, Punto GT 16vt
Was on my way home the other night and noticed on idle the engine was tapping/nocking but over 3kish revs all was fine. Had a search and looks like a dephaser problem?

Got it home and the engine cut out, struggled to start sounded like missfiring then just cut's out if you don't keep the throttle on.

Tried starting today and it won't start.

Any help would be appreciated.

little vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwO5HzmZnOo

Thanks.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
I don't think thats the dephaser mate won't make the car cut out,sounds like it is running rich,I would start with plugs ht leads and coil pack,if they seem ok it could be the map sensor,or even a injector problem.Can you smell fuel at all.

172, Punto GT 16vt
No can't smell any fuel. Bought new spark plugs today but still won't start, will get some new HT leads and new coil pack to see if that cures it.

Thanks for the reply.

vvt solenoid just above the oil filler cap. i had the exact same problem on my old megane changed this and it cured it