ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Local alloy wheel refurb?

Mondeo TDCI 130
Beetween chester & shrewbury? anyone know anyone anygood at wheel refurbs in the surrounding area?;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Do you mean at yoz's house fred? you have done a set for me before, they were mint, gtgaz sorted it for me, they were on a scooby! yeah i can drop them off, there is my set of turbines i want doing as they were originally, and a set off a 172 exclusive, how much we looking at for the 8? there all 15"?

RenaultSport 172.
i got turbines too...4 of them....2 already prepped....well stipped anyway....

Mondeo TDCI 130
^no worries! they did a top job last time at lab-tab, i never met fred but yoz was a good lad, was well looked after! they did a set for my mates G40 aswell, he was happy!!

RenaultSport 172.
any idea how much it is genna cost to get 4 wheels re-furbed? need em cheap as possible! MEGA tight on cash and having to borrow my mates wheels :S ....

Mondeo TDCI 130
Well dont quote me but i think my last set were £160 for 16's, they were in anthracite, depends what your having done etc! but they will look mint!

RenaultSport 172.
think i just want to go silver...keeping things origional...nothing special...just silver...thats on 15'' turbines...:/

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i'll do em with a tin of hamerite, a scabby brush, with stevie wonder applying the paint?

RenaultSport 172.
ooooo like that then is it hee....sounds as good as my efforts!:quiet:

got as far as sanding one of my turbines down...took 6 hours so far, and it still as 4 more turbines to go!.....takes ages to sand down...all becuase the noob who i bought them off, sprayed them black real naff....without prepping them beforehand.....therefore sanding down 2layers of paint....thats with nitromorcing!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol, nah i didnt do them! I bought some new turinis, as i had my turinins 'refurbed'.... but i think it WAS by stevie wonder. Got a good deal from steve (sbv116)

DSC00875-1.jpg

RenaultSport 172.
steve, you fancy doing my turbines exactly the same as them turinis?...colour e.t.c..?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
steve works for renault, doesnt refurb, he has some turbines that need doing too!!!

RenaultSport 172.
ooo i get you now! haa

was going to have a pop myslef, but decided it was more wise to get it done propely than a mkII stevie wonder jobby.....haa

all i need to do now is to find someone who wants to have a pop at them!:)

Mondeo TDCI 130
fred will do them i should think! they will be a good job! he is obviously not as sad as us and has stuff to do! will be around later i should think!

RenaultSport 172.
fred? would it be like a home, foreigner job, or would it be done at some wheel refurb lab?

Mondeo TDCI 130
http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/

from what i can gather, he has friend or family that work or own this company!, i dropped them off in stafford and fred took them to birmingham for me and them brought them back afterwards to stafford! will try and find a pic!

Mondeo TDCI 130
not a very good pic, but they did these for me on the scoob, they were gold and had been done badly before when i got them!

000_0633.jpg

Lionel Richie
give me a bell fella, cost depends on size

set of 4 16inch inc tyres off and on is £160 to give you an idea