ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lock will open with anything!

Clio mk2 1999
I locked my car and when I went back the lock would turn but the door wouldn't unlock.
I took off the door panel and found a white plastic part had fallen off so I put it back on.
The lock now works but it will open with anything that can turn it, a screwdriver, a screw head.

Does anyone know a solution or should I just stop it working and get in the passenger side?

Thanks.

I locked my car and when I went back the lock would turn but the door wouldn't unlock.
I took off the door panel and found a white plastic part had fallen off so I put it back on.
The lock now works but it will open with anything that can turn it, a screwdriver, a screw head.

Does anyone know a solution or should I just stop it working and get in the passenger side?

Thanks.

Sounds like you have the white plastic bit in the wrong position mate

Clio mk2 1999
There are two pins one bigger than the other and the white thing has 2 holes so it only fits on one way.
I will take the other door panel off and have a look how that one is.

Cheers.