ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locked Airbag Computer

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
Help! Do any of you guys know anything about airbag ecu's ?
Mine's locked out (by previous owner now nicely repaired) cause its had a bump. I ve been told it needs replacing and cant be unlocked. Is this correct ? I found a company on line that says they can unlock it, but it means sending them it. Will the car run with it disconected ? I ve seen a module on ebay thats one number different to mine (part no) 8200 277 317 rather than 2800 277 318. Will this work ? Are they inter changable or do you need the exact same part number ? Can they be programmed to suit the car as long as they're not locked out ? (i.e pass a/bag on/off. side a/bag on off. etc etc) Do you have to go to Renault for this programming (main dealer) or is it possilbe to get it done elsewhere ? Can you get hold of software/leads to programme them yourself ?
Could someone tell me what the part number on their's is (172 Cup) to see if its the same ?
Any advice greatly appreachiated as first Clio ive had so not up to speed yet.

Ste :S

Cheers mate. That helps a bit. Dya know where i can get hold of a circuit/wiring diagram for the clocks/diagnostic(abag) module ?
I ve surrvived this long with out one and for the cost of next years insurance to fix it, will hopefully keep doing so !!!

Ste

So can i use a module of another car that hasnt detected an impact ? And if so does it have to be the same part number exactly or not ? Can they be programmed to suit the s/devices in the car. Tried talking to local Renault Dealer but all they want is my card number if ya know what i mean !
There is a company on the net (in the states) that says they can defo reset it (EPROM programming??) Gauranteed.
It seams a bit wierd that a piece of hardware becomes inop just because its recived a collision detection. Dont you think ??

It can surely be reprogrammed if someone has the equipment and know-how? Short of a small hammer driving a small nail through each of the components on the PCB, it is not actually physically damaged.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
yea i was just going on renaults tech information yea you could use another air bag computer from another car but it would need to be programmed and renault dealers are not keen on doing this.

R35 GTR
I know for a fact that the airbag computers can be reprogrammed, just trying to figure out how to do it myself..... some guy in germany does it.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes, airbag comp's can 100% be reused. Just need to read the EEP and remove the crash data basically...

Paul