ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lockset question

Clio 3 rs 197
Hi all im from South Africa

Just purchased a uses clio 3 rs 06 2.0 f4r.

It has immobilizer issues as in red light is constantly on.

Car wont crank wont even try.

Obd scan revealed protection code between uch and steering module. DF048

Bought a lockset for 9k from ECU express rhey gave 2 keys uch and ecu coded but not the steering trw box or ecu.

They refuse to refund me and they supplied the wrong part numbers on the ecu to start with.

Anyhoo question.
If i buy a complete lockset from another car thats been written off. This would ecu uch keys and steering trw box.

Would it be plug and play?
Will the 2.0 rs work properly with a 1.6 lockset from a clio 3 1.6?
Will i have to programme again to factory settings?..

Basically will swopping out working parts from a 1.6 lockset to a 2.0 sport work and the engine wont suffer.

Like the 1.6 doesnt have a cam sensor how will the computer read that from the 1.6

What about injector pressurw fuel pump pressure iridium plugs. Will al these work as they should? Will the donor ecu be able to learn and adapt to the f4r from a k4m.?

Please advise as these locksets are expensive her 9000 bucks give or take.

My original ecu died water ingress.
Changed fuse box
Harness

All the doors lock and unlock windows work but solid red light with no crank. Relay u can feel clicks whwn u try to start.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

The on on the left above the barcode inducates its for the 2.0 rs sport

I found a dirt cheap lock set from a 1.6. I just need to know if will work and if its plug n play no programming. Atm i have a beautiful garage filler.

Please help

Attachments

• 20220601_111333.jpg
    20220601_111333.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31