ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking nut woes

Clio 182
hi, I have a set of locking bolts on my clio. as per, they come with a socket which is used to undo them. Unfortunately I was just outside trying to get my wheels off when the outer casing of that socket cracked down the edge. So... my wheels are on and theres no problem there, but what am I going to do when I need to get them off??

Fiesta ST-3
Just order a new one?

On a side note your flickr link above doesn't work as you have linked the wrong page.

Clio 182
On a side note your flickr link above doesn't work as you have linked the wrong page.
Fixed,

will have a look for a removal kit. Do garages have ways of getting them off? The reason i ask is that its in at k-tec on monday anyway. Do all cars have the same size/lenght/thread on their wheel bolts?

BMW E82 M Sport
Fixed,

will have a look for a removal kit. Do garages have ways of getting them off? The reason i ask is that its in at k-tec on monday anyway. Do all cars have the same size/lenght/thread on their wheel bolts?

I'm sure k-tec would be able to get it off for you no problem mate

Clio 182
i hate to admit it but i was just browsing their website for one. I take it they are 17mm sockets on these cars? The wrench that comes with them seems way too flimsy for the job!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i dont know. all i remember is that they didnt fit over the locking wheel nut and the other one didnt fit in between the locking nut and the wheel bolt hole. (standard 182 wheels)

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
Same problem with mine, except its not a renault sport.

I have the locking nut key but one nut just wont open.
I managed to get 1 nut of my self, the other 2 the lad at the garage got off with a big wrench.
But the remaining one wouldnt come off, the key just wont fit and slides off everytime you turn the wrench.

He told me to come back another time and he'll have a go at putting a hammer and chizel to it! I guess thats the only other option.