ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Problems

Mazda Mx5 1.8 Mk2
Hey,

another thread about central locking problems, I know!!!

Having some real problems with my central locking and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these problems I currently have!

Basically my central locking unlocks however it won’t lock.

If I press the blipper, it flashes twice to show locking but the locks don’t lock, however if I press it again it unlocks.

If I use the central locking button inside the car, it unlocks fine, however if I try to lock it, it clicks once and doesn’t do anything with the locks.

I’ve taken this to Renault for them to have a look at it since I figured it would be covered by my warranty however the part they claim is broken is the uch and I’ve been quoted £311 to get it replaced.

Does this sound right?, my problems started with only the door locks locking when I pressed the central locking buttons but the boot only occasionally locking, and it sounded like the locks got weaker and weaker until the state they're in now where they don’t work at all?

Thanks

Chris

Nicolasticity

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172+MG+SAAB++
have you reset system (hold internal locking mechanism locked for 10 secs and then use the key fob to reset itself with system bu opening closing) OR /AND disconnect the battery for 30 mins.

Renault system is unique mine went AWOL and then came back - could never figure why.