ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nut Problem

fiesta 1.25
I hate them and should have taken them off a long time ago
Anyway I've have lost my key so I went to halfords to try and get a new key turns out there's more types than I thought.I tried to hammer a socket on to it abd ended up taking the top off it off.

What can I do to get them off will the laser tool work?or anyone that can do it for me.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought a draper locking wheel removal kit.

Best £20 I spent. Gets anything off. Hold on i'll find a link.....

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just use a long wheel brace. I've removed all sorts with them.

Its just a left hand thread that winds itself onto the nut and eventually removes it completely. Piece of piss to use.

fiesta 1.25
Cheets I'll get one from halfords tomorrow and give it a try,the top of the bolt has come off so there only around 1cm to grip you think it will do it?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yea. I hadf to do an audi the other week and that was the same (although they only have about 1cm as standard) and it was fine.

Ph2 172
I used the Laser removal tool on my sisters Puma after she lost the key. done the job fine, although I did use an impact wrench which made it alot faster & easier. Its a pity i'm away for the week as I would of lent you mine.

1.2 Dynamique
are there multiple types of design?

Your welcome to borrow mine if (small chance im guessing) its the same design.

fiesta 1.25
are there multiple types of design?

Your welcome to borrow mine if (small chance im guessing) its the same design.

Yeh mine are mcgaurd and even with the same product number there are a few different types for that car so i doubt yours will be the same plus ive snapped half the bolt off now so im going to need to buy this tool anyway.

fiesta 1.25
managed to get 2 out of 4 off and i just cant manage to do the others.Anyone in NW fancy giving me a hand or drilling them out,my MOT is friday