ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking wheel nuts!!!

renault clio 182
Have a slight problem being the guy I bought my 182 off said the key for the locking wheel nuts was with the jacking kit and I know I should of checked but didn't and now need my wheels off and can't as don't have the key any ideas how I can get it off??? I've tried contacting the ex owner and got no ware really stuck here any help appreciated people

LY Megane R26
Smash a socket it over it? That's what I did on my last car, but if it's Renault original locking nut with the rings around the outside you'll have trouble doing that!
A few company's offer removal service?

renault clio 182
Can't do that as it has the rotating ring on the outside was first thought but don't really want too damage my wheels either.. Do you think if I took the car too renault I could buy a new key for them if it's the standard Renault ones?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Have you got the v5 in your name yet? Some places can be a bit funny about selling security equipment without proof it's your car.

Clio 172 Cup 2.0
I got the same problem. Mine are speedline wheels though so doesn't look like the original wheel nuts. Get a spare set, buy the laser removal took from Halfords and take it to a tyre place, mine is free because I know the guy but been quoted 12 pound a wheel :)

renault clio 182
I got the same problem. Mine are speedline wheels though so doesn't look like the original wheel nuts. Get a spare set, buy the laser removal took from Halfords and take it to a tyre place, mine is free because I know the guy but been quoted 12 pound a wheel :)

Hmm mines are speedlines too the turinis but was told by previous owner that there the standard locking wheel nuts.. Been and seen Renault but got told too phone back today and speak too parts department guy.

Have you got the v5 in your name yet? Some places can be a bit funny about selling security equipment without proof it's your car.

Don't have v5 yet still waiting actually was going too phone dvla this week as been a month now but got insurance documents and slip of old v5 too prove the cars mine