ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Logitech G25 - £99.99 this weekend @ Play.com

Lee

BMW M2C
I wonder how much the G27 is going to retail at, considering it's not all that different.

At what point do you put the code in lol? Have added it to basket, put in card details and it then says click to confirm order but no code box!??

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder how much the G27 is going to retail at, considering it's not all that different.

I was thinking that, m8. I wonder if they retail the G27 at the current G25 price and drop the G25 to around the £100 mark? Until the stocks of the G25 run out, that is.

D.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Logitech website implies that you are indeed correct Darren, 299.99 list for both.

Add to basket. Continue on the first page. On the "Pay and Confirm" page, on the right hand side, in the box there is a "I have a Play.com voucher" and a "I have a discount code" box.

Just click that. Input code.

I just did it and it works.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Add to basket. Continue on the first page. On the "Pay and Confirm" page, on the right hand side, in the box there is a "I have a Play.com voucher" and a "I have a discount code" box.

Just click that. Input code.

I just did it and it works.

Do they work on Apple Cacks? ;)

I was going to say I didn't think you had a PS3 or gaming rig so would be an expensive paperweight to sit next to your xbox ;)

If I had some spare cash I'd be tempted to but at this price but it's £100 towards a fanatec wheel which would work with both my xbox and PS3 so seems a waste of money to do so. :(

If it worked with the 360 I'd buy it! lol..

Tempted to get one and stick it on eBay when that voucher ends.. But I expect loads of people will do the same..

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yep!

Shame they haven't engineered in the required hardware (even if it's on a second connection) to get it working with the 360. Bit short-sighted IMHO... As that was their 'excuse' for the G25.

I think from what I've read it's basically Logitec and MS bickering, one wanting payment for support/tech info the other refusing. Frustrating really.

The Fanatec manages though! IIRC it works on PC and xbox and there's a dongle for use with the PS3.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nah. Logitech and MS have a very, very good relationship and it's purely that the 360 uses a different 'language' to talk to controllers compared to the PC/PS3/All other USB devices.

All the info I've read (xbox related) suggests the contrary. Whatever the story is it's a pisser that I can't buy a G25 and have it work on my PS3 and xbox.

Clio 182
Are these any good? I have never used a driving wheel on a video game before, worried it will be harder to use than a pad.

I'd avoid anything with only 300 degrees of rotation tbh. I bought a cheaper logitec wheel a while back but never really used it. I set it up again a few weeks back and spent a few hours trying to get used to it but there was way too little rotation. Once you'd set a deadzone to stop it wandering offline unless the wheel was bang on straight you had so little adjustment it was hard to drive smoothly.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Are these any good? I have never used a driving wheel on a video game before, worried it will be harder to use than a pad.

Brilliant pieces of kit, m8. Of course, if you're not into driving games, then they are a bit pointless!

On GTR2 and GTR Evo on the PC, it transformed my love of the game. So much feel and feedback than with the other wheels I have used in the past.

D.

Fiesta ST
Nah. Logitech and MS have a very, very good relationship and it's purely that the 360 uses a different 'language' to talk to controllers compared to the PC/PS3/All other USB devices.

But then my Xbox 360 pad works with my PC and no problems?

v6
Do I buy one or not lol!

Problem is once I buy one there is no going back its geekdom all the way!

Buy one :) i just did!

Thanks for the heads-up Darren, meant to get one last time they were £100 but forgot :eek:.

Just need to construct something to mount it on now, hmm...

G25 is epic. No discussion required. Once mastered it's possible to drive so smoothly, you'll wonder just how the f**k you ever managed with a pad.

Well came home today after a hard days graft to find the Mrs needed a ton for something else.

I am now a ton down and no G25

Fail TBQFH:(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just chased this up with play, as hadn't heard anything. Been told they won't be filling most of the orders!