ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LogMeIn

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Am I well behind here with this?

Downloaded this today and I can honestly say I'm massively impressed.

I work between two buildings/can be out on site, the ability to access my work computer and just open a drawing or check my email or whatever is superb!

It's so smooth and seems seamless.

Thoughts?

Arctic 182 FF
Very good piece of software, perfect for when working from home to check something / use your work pc. Or vice versa!

Bus w**ker
Am I well behind here with this?
Yes. LOL

It's great, works flawlessly over wifi or 3G and great if you need to do something on your machine at home whilst you're stuck somewhere. Or when some muppet needs help changing the wallpaper on their PC but is too thick to do it themselves.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
how have i not downloaded this before?!

stupid question alert... computer has to be on for this to work right?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
would it work with a laptop on standby for example?

supose i could check myself but i really dont have the patience to wait for my steam powered laptop to boot up!

You can wake it up providing you are on the same local network or there is another LogMeIn machine on the remote network that is powered on.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
what do you mean by remote network? sorry not very tech savvy.

i have it working on my desktop right next to the laptop so if the desktop is ojn and the laptop is in standby it would wake it up?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Been using it for a few years now. Always assumed it was a simple thing as i'm a tech noob.

I used to use it at school when I was 14, that was back in 2004!

Even got a letter sent home about it :approve:.

Cupra
It's great for access via Internet without having to bother with VPN/ RSA tokens etc. iTap RDP is much nicer to use if you are inside the network though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very as far as I'm aware.

You have an account which you log into with your email and a password.

You then assign as many computers to this account as you want, but to log into any of the computers, you need to enter your windows username and password.

Goliath I
Great app, been using it few weeks now. Hooked my nans laptop to it as she's new to it, she just gives me a ring if shes got any problems and I log in on my iPhone to help her out.

Can even hook the webcam up to view if you wish to check that your babysitters not stealing from you.,, or your wife isn't have men over ;)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
having a good laugh with this!

im out, pc is on. misses is in the living room watching tv when suddenly the computer turns on and says its watching her :lol:

Goliath I
having a good laugh with this!

im out, pc is on. misses is in the living room watching tv when suddenly the computer turns on and says its watching her :lol:

I've had a few phone calls asking me to get off the f**king computer lol

2014 Focus Titanium
I used TightVNC for years for this purpose but then tried LogMeIn a couple of years back and found it was much simpler for when I am at a computer that isn't mine and I can't install software. Excellent piece of software, only downside is that the android client is £20!