ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Long Exposure Shots!

Mental 172 Cup
Evening, I was just wondering how do people take long exposure shots during the day as when I change the shutter speed it over exposes and just comes out white! What am i doing wrong? what settings do i need to set the camera to to get some good results?

Thanks!

Cupra
Example images? the exif is always useful to see what is going wrong.

Setting the apperture down to F22 will help you take a long exposure in daylight, you might not have to go that low, depending on what exposure time you are after.

How long are the exposures you are doing?

Fiat Panda 100hp
As above, you can either set it to f/22 for the longest exposure, or buy from ND filters which make it seems darker, you can stack filters too to get longer exposures.

Reason why it's white is that when you put on a long shutted speed your letting more light into the sensor, it takes in too much so that white is light. If you get me.

Mental 172 Cup
ive sorted it now! i read up that i had to buy a neutral density filter to get the desired effect i was after! i was looking for something like this:

800px-Strickland_Falls_Shadows_Lifted.jpg

all i was getting was a big white photo!

Cupra
Agree 100%. The scene shown did not look that bright though. ND filter will definitely make the job easier.