ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longer first gear

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
Now that my engine is producing a lot of torque, my first gear ratio is almost useless (insane, too much power). I am looking for longer first gear. Do you guys know if that option is valid.

BTW my car is Cup 172.

Thanks

J

JEFF4507

Unless you plan on increasing the final drive ratio there is little point, you can't just make the first gear longer and leave the rest, otherwise you'd just be going 1 - 2 (for about 15mph) - 3rd...

If I were you I'd leave it, save up for a Lambo and hit 60 in 1st.

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
Thomss said:
What mods have you done to the car?

The final ratio has been changed to 4.9 17% reduction on original. If you notice the 172 cup on 1st 7000 will be 4000 for 2nd gear. Max torque is at 5500 so I am after an increase in the first gear by 30%!!!!!!!!!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Thomass,
He's running circa 215-220BHP with insane levels of torque,he's got LSD,leda's,ITG maxogen induction.
It goes and sounds amazing....sticks to the road like glue....amazing car.
John

Lionel Richie
hum, Yass, you had it mapped again since its been out in Dubai??? the heat must affect the "english" figures surley??

what you done to the engine now?? i had a look at your head when it was at AWT, LAD headwork what the hell!!!

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
Fred2001Dynamic said:
hum, Yass, you had it mapped again since its been out in Dubai??? the heat must affect the "english" figures surley??

what you done to the engine now?? i had a look at your head when it was at AWT, LAD headwork what the hell!!!

Yup I mapped it myself. Awesome. Lots of long empty roads..... The head is done perfectly it is now pushing 0.92 g of acceleration on slicks. Absoloutly mad hence I need my first gear longer as now it is a waste.