ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longleat Safari park

White APE
Went down to Longleat Safari park today with my new other half :)
Got down there nice and early which really paid off as we missed most of the ques for the various other attractions there.

I must say that i did get quite pi$$ed in the damn hedge maze!! Was wishing id never gone in it after a while, but i guess thats the whole fun of it.
Also went into a glass maze and that was just pure hysterical! Everyone walking around waving the arms around trying to work out if it was a mirror in front of them or not. Have to confess to hitting one guy in the face in there by mistake, he took it on the chin though (punn intended) was all good laughs.

They've got a bat cave there that you can go into where there's lots of Egyption Fruit bats flying around you. Thought it was really neat in there. Wasnt allowed flash on cams so struggled to get any pics - had a bat swoop about an inch above my head at one point though.
Was dissapointed about the butterfly house, Wasnt as big as i was expecting and the camera lense kept steaming up so pics were useless.

Any way, enough rambilng, here's the best of the pics from the day.

P1010977.jpg

P1010979.jpg

P1010987.jpg

P1010999.jpg

P1020002.jpg

P1020005.jpg

P1020008.jpg

P1020013.jpg

P1020014.jpg

P1020017.jpg

P1020024.jpg

P1020025.jpg

P1020031.jpg

P1020035.jpg

P1020038.jpg

P1020047.jpg

P1020050.jpg

P1020051.jpg

P1020053.jpg

P1020054.jpg

P1020055.jpg

P1020056.jpg

P1020057.jpg

P1020059.jpg

P1020069.jpg

P1020077.jpg

P1020080.jpg

P1020082.jpg

P1020086.jpg

P1020091.jpg

Comments welcome

T

thecremeegg

Nice one. Went the other day, only did the safari and maze though. Love the safari, especially the monkey enclosure :D

I got lost in the maze for nearly and hour - had to get my mate to direct me once she reached the middle haha

Great pics too btw

Edit: no tiger pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Titanium 182
Went down to Longleat Safari park today with my new other half :)
Got down there nice and early which really paid off as we missed most of the ques for the various other attractions there.

I must say that i did get quite pi$$ed in the damn hedge maze!! Was wishing id never gone in it after a while, but i guess thats the whole fun of it.
Also went into a glass maze and that was just pure hysterical! Everyone walking around waving the arms around trying to work out if it was a mirror in front of them or not. Have to confess to hitting one guy in the face in there by mistake, he took it on the chin though (punn intended) was all good laughs.

They've got a bat cave there that you can go into where there's lots of Egyption Fruit bats flying around you. Thought it was really neat in there. Wasnt allowed flash on cams so struggled to get any pics - had a bat swoop about an inch above my head at one point though.
Was dissapointed about the butterfly house, Wasnt as big as i was expecting and the camera lense kept steaming up so pics were useless.

Any way, enough rambilng, here's the best of the pics from the day.

P1010977.jpg

Comments welcome

FPMSL LOOK AT HIS FACE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOVES IT ! :rasp::D:D:D

White APE
You think i took my car into the monkey enclosure? Think again! I bypassed that. My misses went a few weeks ago, they sat on the bonnet and chewed the washer jets to pieces and then pissed all over it.

We never even found our way to the tower in the middle of the maze, found a few of the bridges, bout 45 mins and we found the exit.

I did get a few pics of the tigers but they were hiding right in a far corner and the pics really arent all that so i didnt bother posting them.

T

thecremeegg

You think i took my car into the monkey enclosure? Think again! I bypassed that. My misses went a few weeks ago, they sat on the bonnet and chewed the washer jets to pieces and then pissed all over it.

We never even found our way to the tower in the middle of the maze, found a few of the bridges, bout 45 mins and we found the exit.

The monkeys dont like clios im sure - completely avoided mine, i was a bit annoyed tbh haha

I refused to leave the maze without finding the tower, would have felt like i'd failed ;)

White APE

The monkeys dont like clios im sure - completely avoided mine, i was a bit annoyed tbh haha

I refused to leave the maze without finding the tower, would have felt like i'd failed ;)

Lol, no way in hell was i risking it. They were going on every single car that went thru. Saw a brand new Audi in there and he was feckin flooring it round!!

Tbh, i dont have the best patience and i was getting hungry so i wanted out of the maze. LOL

Bypassed the Monkeys = FAIL!! ;)

Went there recently too... and went through monkeys.. one bugger did jump on the roof and have a little play with the aerial! lol

2562343666_ab4aa295a0.jpg

2561515321_bd8f91ebb0.jpg

The silver back was fast asleep when we went so didnt get a good pic, you captured the old fart very well!!

The Lions were stunning!

2562380324_0c4490a5e7.jpg

That Gorilla shot is absolutely stunning, nice work :)

I was there yesterday as well, 40 minutes to find the tower in the maze, then me and the other half split up and had a race to find the exit, I took 15 minutes, she took 20.

White APE
The amount of people that bought a postcard with an aerial shot of the maze was un believable. Whats the point! Its cheating!!

UKASKEW Where abouts were you parked? Didnt see any RS on the whole 150mile round trip. :(

The amount of people that bought a postcard with an aerial shot of the maze was un believable. Whats the point! Its cheating!!

UKASKEW Where abouts were you parked? Didnt see any RS on the whole 150mile round trip. :(

Got a Hyundai Coupe these days :) I drove 5 miles to get there and saw a Clio Trophy and a Ferrari 360!

White APE
Ahhh, prob why i didnt notice you. Dont suppose you noticed mine in the car park?

Any ideas when the polls going up for the comp? wanna see how well i do. LOL

1.8 Civic EX
love longleat....ain't been for a few years now...hopefully go again soon...

shame your lion pics are a little on the soft side focus wise compared to some of the other shots...good job tho!

White APE
Yea, pics arent perfect. Its only using an auto focus Lumix cam so not bad for that. Just trying to save some dosh and hopefully get a Nikon D60.

Ahhh, prob why i didnt notice you. Dont suppose you noticed mine in the car park?

Spotted one with a baby seat, not sure if that's you...?

I only live in Hilperton but took 25 years to go to Longleat! Did the whole Passport thing last year (including the monkey enclosure), still got the bite marks on my washer jets to prove it! This year we just had a wander around the grounds and did the maze.

A few pics...

http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/3693930_4qh9s

http://www.chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/2951803_LDWTT

White APE
Nooo deffo not me, not ready for kids!!

You got some cracking pics there. Your pics show esactly why i didnt take the clio into the monkey enclosure!!