ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look What i found....

Was looking on a civic type r forum and look what i found,, it was a reply to a thread about a video racing a ctr vs clio 182.. these people are mean!! :dapprove:

ozziej
Honda CRV
rank_phpbb_1.gif

Feedback Score:

http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:07 pm Post subject: i put that clip on cliosport.net and you should see the replies i got.

"that was a crap lap in the 182. Tiff needell is a tw*t"

"that proves nothing, he's not driving it proplerly"

and here's the best one........."tiff is obviously biased towards the CTR"

I like going on that froum coz a few of my mates go on there and it's quite fun replying to all the ctr bashing on there. but seriously, if you tell them a CTR can keep up with, or dare I say it beat a clio 'round the twisties' they go into ignorant mode and won't have any of it. It's quite funny really
icon_biggrin.gif

I agree somethimes we bash other cars that because we like clios hence cliosport.net

Enjoy...

A Beautiful R32
What would they know... they're all grandads driving breadvans... :evil:

I said the comment about Tiff driving badly because the last corner was appalling...

The best video is that one of the cup overtaking a type R on the outside whist cornering on a track... send them that, that'll shut em up...

Or just don't bother because lets face both cars are very evenly matched and I think if we see another CTR thread someone will scream...

So no more eh? :nono:

CTR beats a car not in its class

Fair point

edit: Would say use the search but as that's not great now - thread remains open

Maz

LY 200
The guys over there from the NW are sound, they had their eyes opened when they attened a meet with us in the summer .. :) was a cracking day

106 GTi
Was looking on a civic type r forum and look what i found,, it was a reply to a thread about a video racing a ctr vs clio 182.. these people are mean!! :dapprove:

ozziej
Honda CRV
rank_phpbb_1.gif

Feedback Score:

http://civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=
Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:07 pm Post subject: i put that clip on cliosport.net and you should see the replies i got.

I like going on that froum coz a few of my mates go on there and it's quite fun replying to all the ctr bashing on there. but seriously, if you tell them a CTR can keep up with, or dare I say it beat a clio 'round the twisties' they go into ignorant mode and won't have any of it. It's quite funny really
icon_biggrin.gif

I agree somethimes we bash other cars that because we like clios hence cliosport.net

Enjoy...

Yeap hes one here ....

ozzie
Forum User

Car: Honda Civic Type R

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=22488

His views

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=180186

Punto/Clio GTT
:dapprove:

ozziej
Honda CRV
rank_phpbb_1.gif

Feedback Score:

icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy...

well he speaks perfect sense and he isnt lying. wheres the problem?

the reason why i put this thread is so we kno not to be sooo mean to others... i have both cars and i am willing to stick up for both of them. i just wanted to kno ur opinions!

Last edited:
  LY 200
I which I'd prefer Civic Type-R > Clio 172/182.

Lol, thats gotta be one of the first times iv not been able to understand you Mart..........What you on about!?

I like both cars, i had the choice of either 4/5 months ago when i was buying actually so i test drove both but i do feel i made the right choice in the end.

For me the 182 looks better but the CTR feels like its built better. Apart from that not too many noticeable differences!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
The CTR's are so much more tuneable than the 172/182 for me it's a no brainer, I've never driven one but the 'steering feel' which people go on about would have to be seriously non existant for me to consider a 172/182 over a CTR. I actually like the looks of the civic too and the vtec engines have always appealed to me....

ST
Goody more CTR vs RS sh1te....both very capable cars if driven properly, i was going to get a CTR last year when i was looking to up grade but the 182 came along too cheap to pass up...

Why cant people get on with it??

Both cars are in the hot hatch sector of the market along with many other variants and models, it'd be just as easy to start a mk1 172 vs saxo VTS thread which are both hot hatches of the same sort of time, but god forbid if anyone was to say that the saxo can stay with a 172 pretty easily would prob be hung drawn and quartered.

Have a word with yourself before you start kicking off with others who dont drive clios!!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i like CTR's, i must say though that i've never had one keep up with me when trying and there's been a few. In a straight line its even but they either bottle it round bends or have to back off, as with most stuff to be fair....

A red missile
I've had some fun with CTR's, struck me as a capable motor to be honest, bet they dont rattle like a Trophy :quiet:

Clio V6 255
Enjoy whatever you drive peeps! that the main thing.

I chose a CTR over a clio 182, However once id Experienced the V6 255 the civic was history!

Honda Civic Type R
here i am guys. looks like i've been caught. good work hellsbells! in fairness though what i said was absolutley true. a lot of you on here could not accept that a ctr beat a clio even though it was round the same track with the same conditions and the same driver. that really is being in denial.

i've seen the video of the clio overtaking the ctr too. like everyone knows these two cars are very close in performance. and yes, without doubt, 100% they are in the same category. thats why tiff needell was driving them 2 round the track against each other. i really don't know why people say they're not. doesn't make sense when they've got the same power to weight and came out at roughly the same time and have the roughly the same acceleration figures. tut tut

good find by hellsbells by the way:approve: