ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Look what I found...

williams and trophy

hehe nice

there was 1 at york yesterday.wanted to race it but just couldnt line up with it lol

think it only managed a 14.7 or summat

hehe wudda beat it

RB5 & 172

where abouts were you guys staying?

i went over to watch the gp last year and camped in the surrounding forest, it was the most bizare time of my life, no chance to go around the circuit though!:(

looks like you guys had a great time.

Stayed in Brussels...

got up at 4.30 to drive to the Ring!!

amazing day, just standing in the paddock was worth the trip!

RB5 & 172

im tempted to go back over to go round the ring (not sure the mrs would be to happy though). were there lots of people around?

if i remember right i think it only :confused: took around 4hrs to get there from calais.

we got there really early and it was quite a relaxed atmosphere, but it wasnt long before the place was heaving..

they perhaps need time slots for different levels of drivers.. I felt that later on I was spending more time watching my rear view mirror than the racing line!!

Clio 197

Stuman,

The whole point of the place is that they do not have seperate time slots. There was some talk of seperating the motorbikes as they always come out second best, but not many wanted that.

There are no nannies out there checking on you. It is unique and I hope it stays that way for some time.

Drive at your own pace and take your time and after 50 laps or so youll be flying as well. But no matter how fast, you still have to watch those mirrors!

The Commies and Greens would like to see it shut down altogether and speed limits on the autobahn. That would be a very sad day.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

im famous!!!:D

what a great track!! i didnt car that its only a little 1.4 just had to keep an eye in the mirror and it was fine.

Thanks Eddd for showing me how my car can really go, neil in his V6 said he had no chance of keeping that pace up :D

theres video footage of that, not sure whos got it though nick or neil?

I agree with you Ed, I wouldnt like to see it become over regulated. It would just become like another track day. I like the fact that it is unique in both its rules and the challenge. As a first timer, in a car that had to get me home, I just felt intimidated as it got busier.

I doubt ill ever get 50 laps under my belt, but i am glad i can say that i have done it, having come away missing nothing but a bit of rubber!!

those wheels on that mini look like the tyres are about to fall off the rims,

and who the f*ck would drive, let alone race a green vauxhall chevette

other than that there are some very sweet motors and photos !

Clio 197

Doesnt the MINI Cooper S have a vent on the bonnet for the intercooler? Looks to me more like the regular Cooper.

BMW 320d Sport

Well we all found out thanks to Eds crazy driving of a hired 1.7 diesel Astra, that how fast your car is or how well it handles has little bearing on how fast you get round...there are so few straights that the secret is just to never slow down for corners!

Clio 197

Nick,

In a real car you would notice that you do need to slow some for most corners. That car was just so slow that it did much of the lap at cornering speed, Kesselschen in in particular. It just didnt like going uphill, did it?

I was a bit worried when I saw the car had drums at the back, but it turned out that was never a problem...

BMW 320d Sport

LOL yeah thats what I thought mate...getting up that long hill was like waiting for paint to dry! Im waiting to see the video of you driving James 1.4, I had bagged a lift in Neils V6 and shot you from behind but you were getting further and further in front! A couple of motors overtook us, a black Audi RS6 or something and a 911, but they couldnt get in front of you I dont think?

Once mines fixed up (I think its time for a paddle clutch) you can take mine for a spin and see what you can do. At first it was crazy fast on the straights but in the end I had to kind of use the same technique as you cos of the slipping clutch, slowly gather speed like a runaway oil tanker, then dont slow down for any of the corners! Didnt plough up the grass though!;)

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

neils sending me the tape of my RT puling from his V6, hopefully i can get upto him sometime and get in put onto disc to put on the web.