ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for a little help

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
Hi all just hoping for a little input, I have a 2008 197 and I have had a few issues with a knock sound when the clutch is depressed in 1st and 2nd gear, the company I bought it from and Renault have both had the car in to try and get to the bottom of it, I first thought the lower engine mount was at fault but all mounts have been replaced and it is still making this knock noise which has now developed into an off throttle grinding noise but only occasionally.

I am at a bit of a loss as to what it is but as I am a bit fed up of the odd gearbox in it I am looking into replacing the box with a 200 box with a new flywheel and clutch to hopefully remedy the odd gear ratios.

Is this something that you would suggest as I am led to believe 200 box has longer final drive? Am I correct in thinking this?

If not does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I have had 3 independent inspections on the car which have found nothing wrong with it apart from 1 rear indicator showing more white than amber so I am led to believe this problem lays internally.

The car is a 2008 model on 63,000 miles.

Any help would be much appreciated.