ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for good mod friendly insurance comp

Im starting to regret my decision to go with direct line for my insurance, they are pretty good value (based on my comparisons with other comps) BUT they do not allow any mods at all as I am under 25 :(

My premium with them is £520. And Im seriously thinking of cancelling the policy (which would be charged at one months premium = £44ish) and finding a nice mod friendly company!

I might give Chris Knott a ring, as there's a thread up about their insurance.

But what other good mod friendly insurance comps are there?
And how much do they charge extra for mods? The mods I MIGHT be making would be:
exhaust (something like a Milltek)
suspension (something like sportlines, or possible coilies!)
upgrading the front discs/braided lines.

I was originally going to cancel at the end of this policy (in October!) and find someone else anyway, but I dont think I can wait that long!!

ALso, if you are in a similar position to me, would you mind sharing your premium and company?
Im 22, with 4 yrs NCB, no claims or points etc with an 05 182.

Cheers!

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
I just did mine; I had 2 quotes 1 for my 1.4 and another with 2lt conversion with Adrian Flux.
1.4 with alloys, smoothed bonnet, full sport interior (leather), sport bumper and spoiler £435 with 2years NCB with 2 accidents 1 at fault 1 not at fault. All others would insure but would only cover alloys and where £650+

2lt with same mods with conversion, £1289
No 1 elss would touch me for less than £2500
Also Im 21.

LY 200
Greenlight (as long as you don't own a cup :()

£25 admin fee usually for adding stuff on, Middo's with them but they wont cover me

Adrian Flux are VERY expensive! Just had a quote back from them - £904!! f**k that for a game of conkers!

Elephant were £769 too!

Why are direct line so cheap lol!

Before I go ringing a few insurance comps, are there people on here around my age ie. under 25 that have mods allowed under their insurance?

320d
I'm in the same boat as you mate. However I can't cancel because I'm only 18 and need my NCB in august so I can insure a 1*2.

I actually had a dream about coilovers last nite :(

^^LOL! Im not quite that bad!! ;)

Greenlight just got back to me = £872!!

Why the hell are directline so cheap?! I keep thinking Ive got my details wrong with them!
This aint looking that promising at the moment!

HIC were £720. So we getting nearer. They were really helpful on the phone, and the guy explained that any non-power increasing mods would be free, apart from a £25 admin fee. So if I got an exhaust system and new springs/coilovers, it would only cost me £25!
But is it worth spending an extra £200 on my premium for this?! Decisions!

koi

Audi S1
Just got a quote from Greenlight, listed mods and it was still cheaper than my renewal!!

Going to give Adrian Flux and Chris Knott a call